Chapter 75 - Fate Has Decided

<unedited>

After charging up a huge amount of spiritual energy, Can was the first one to attack.

The still mysterious shield that he was holding started to react on its own as it absorbed the spiritual energy from him. This surprised the beast summoner. It was as if the shield had its consciousness.

Somehow, Can did not feel threatened by it rather, he felt compelled to allow the shield to absorb his spiritual energy. After the shield finished its absorption, it was gradually covered with deep bluish fire. When Can saw it, he thought that he would be burnt, but he was wrong. The fire on the shield was just harmless and was warm.

Both Pond and Tin were mystified by the sudden changes with the shield. Still, it was not something that Tin was too alarmed.

Soon, with quick speed, Can dashed forward with his shield up towards Tin. As for his opponent, he just stood there to meet Can's attack. When the distance between the two of them was only a few meters away, Tin concentrated a good amount of impure spiritual energy on his left hand to block Can's shield.

"Shield Bash!"

Can jumped forward to hit Tin with his shield. Unbothered, Tin met Can's shield with his left hand to block it. As soon as the two collided, the area around them once again shook. They stayed in their position for a few seconds. With Can up in the air, he looked at Tin with such seriousness. As for his opponent, well, there was only a smile.

Seeing such arrogance, Can thought that his move was useless against Tin. To his surprise, the shield was reacting oddly.

Tin felt that something was wrong, but it was too late for him to retreat. The bluish fire from the shield traveled to Tin's left hand and slowly enveloped his entire body. He tried to use a spell, but he cannot do so. It seemed that the fire was restricting him.

Can was worried all of a sudden, since he was not quite sure about the effect of the fire on other people.

Can shouted as he went to his side, "Tin!"

As the fire engulfed Tin, the elementalist did not feel any pain at all. It felt odd. What was this blue flame intended to do to him? Was it only to restrict using magic spells?

Slowly, the fire extinguished on its own.

Tin tried to use a random spell and it worked normally.

"I'm fine, Can," Tin said. There was nothing wrong with him after checking himself.

"Are you sure?" Can asked for reassurance.

Tin just smiled back at the youth and nodded.

"Do you know what that blue fire was for?" Tin asked curiously.

Shaking his head, Can said, "No, I'm not sure myself. It was the first time the shield acted that way."

"I see." Looking at the shield that Can was still holding, Tin asked, "May I check your shield?"

Without hesitation, Can handed the shield that he was holding to Tin. As he started observing the shield while still holding his staff on his right hand, Tin did not notice anything remarkable about the appearance of the shield itself. It looked quite simple, unappealing, and rusty.

"What's this shield?"

Seeing that Tin was curious about the shield, Can answered him quickly. "I'm not quite sure either. This shield was left by the previous owner of the Beast Gods' Dimension. The only thing that I know is that this shield is a Legendary rarity. I use it since I consider myself proficient at handling shields compared to other weapons."