Chapter 68 - Join Us

[unedited]

Specializing in tracking and observing movements of the enemies, Jasdero and Devit were able to pinpoint where Can and Pond were located within seconds. With the help of the numerous hair-raising eyeballs that were attached to their bodies, the twins dispatched them to track down enemies in the dimension. Later on, the twin apostles, including Prince Axel, reached the still burning shelter. Of course, they were not the only ones who have sharp senses. Pond had already sent countless ravens all over the place to get information about what was happening. When the twin apostles and Prince Axel finally reached the area, Pond also just finished setting up invisible traps around him and Can. Meanwhile, Can was not fully aware of what was happening due to the grief that he was feeling from his friend's death. He was crying silently.

Not too far away from the two, the twin apostles approached them slowly. Prince Axel did not move from his position momentarily to observe Can. The moment he saw him, he felt that he had seen him before. Unfortunately, he could not determine where and when he met him. Pond ignored their presence as he continued to comfort Can.

"You shouldn't grieve. Instead, you should celebrate," said by the twins in unison as they observed Can who was hugging the dead little beast.

Forming a fist on his hand, Pond shouted with anger in his tone, "What did you just say!?" He then stood up as he stared at the twins with chilling and threatening gaze, "Celebrate? What nonsense are you saying!?"

The twins looked at one another and together, they said calmly, "His death was mercy."

Hearing those words, Can faced the twins and said with such sorrow as his tears fell, "How is killing an innocent creature, mercy? What was it that he did wrong to deserve this?"

"He doesn't have to continue to suffer in this filthy corrupted world anymore," the two said as they continued to approach Can and Pond slowly.

"We are God's instruments who are given a daunting task to help create a new world. This new world in which there would be forever peace and freedom." As soon as the twins finished their sentence, they stopped in front of one of the invisible traps that were built by Pond.

"The death of your friend and the others is part of cleansing this world from suffering and filth. It is a necessary sacrifice for the greater good."

Both twins put their palms together as if praying and started chanting a spell.

"Clarity."

As soon as the mysterious chant was finished, the twins touched the muddy ground where the invisible trap was built. Grasping a black tentacle looking trap on their hands, they easily crushed it and turned it into white dust.

Pond saw how one of his traps was easily found out and destroyed. It seemed that it would not be an easy fight. His traps were set up initially to determine the power of the enemies. Since they were detected by the two, it meant that they were already at Tier 5. The traps that he set up were undetectable by anyone who was Tier 4 and below. He stayed calm despite this. He thought that they still had a chance to win.

"Those who don't believe in our faith and the new world would only continue to suffer. We are giving them God's mercy," the twins said as they continued to approach them.

Absorbing the information gathered by the ravens, Pond spat on the ground to show disgust while maintaining eye contact with the enemies, "You're only using God as an excuse. In reality you fake religious cultists were aiming to extract Master Khang's spiritual core for your master."

As they heard those words, the twins looked at one another for quite a bit. They were surprised about how Can's contracted beast was able to get hold of such information. This was supposed to be a secret and only the apostles knew this.