Chapter 52 - Auction House

Somewhere in front of an abandoned building that was far from the nearest civilization, a small black hole was created. As it expanded, its color changed from light red to a darker red. The size of this red hole was as big as an average door of a house when it finally stopped expanding.

From that red hole, two people came out.

"Good job, Can. You finally created a portal from the Beast Gods' Dimension to the human world," Pond said with satisfaction as he nodded.

"Ahh, Thanks Pond. It took me a while to create one. I would've not done it without your guidance," Can said as he breathed heavily.

After reaching Rainbow Grade Tier 4 not too long ago, Can immediately attempted to create a portal. Initially, he failed multiple times. Thankfully, Pond guided him properly and eventually he was able to create a portal.

"Such a small matter. It's nothing," Pond said arrogantly as he looked away, but deep inside, he was happy and satisfied. Seeing Can happy made Pond smile.

Throughout the time he spent with his master, Pond initially made plans to kill him. In the end, he failed, so he decided to just give up. It was not because his master treated him really well and cooked delicious food for him that he decided to give up. It was not the reason at all. Definitely not the delicious food!

Can could see through Pond's thoughts and feelings, so he himself was happy and proud that he managed to change Pond's personality in such a short time. He wished Pond would continue to behave this way.

Looking back at the portal, Can waited for Xu Xian and Bacsojin to come out. When he was trying to create a portal, the couple was always there with him to support him. Earlier the couple mentioned about traveling Xu Xian's hometown to visit his family. Although it has been a very long time, Xu Xian would like to know what happened to his family and at the same time visit their graves to pay respect. In addition, he would like to introduce Bacsojin to his ancestors. After that, the couple might explore the human world and visit wonderful places and see the changes that happened. They wanted to experience new things together.

"Why haven't they come out?" Can asked Pond.

Pond only shrugged.

When Can approached the red portal, his body suddenly began to hurt. Within a second, he coughed a mouthful of blood.

"Can!" Pond quickly went to his master's side and checked his vitals. He quickly looked at the red portal to confirm his suspicion. Based on his observation, the situation was bad.

Creating and maintaining a portal required a tremendous amount of spiritual energy. Since Can attempted to create a portal multiple times within a day, his spiritual energy was already depleted. When he was able to successfully create a portal, Can seemed to pushed himself at maintaining the portal even though he knew that he did not have enough spiritual energy. This created instability with the portal and caused problems with the owner.

Can was truly a stubborn person! He was so persistent of going home that he did not consider his safety! What happens if he dies!? If anything happens to master then who would feed Pond and pat his head?

While transferring his master some pure spiritual energy, the portal began to fade. Aside from this, Can's left hand started to partially fade.

When Can's vitals became normal after Pond transferred some of his spiritual energy to him, Can finally calmed down.

Can patted Pond's head. "Thanks, Pond."

"You were too reckless, Can," Pond sighed as he supported his master to stand up properly.