Chapter 48 - The New Owner of Beast Gods' Dimension

When Can and Xu Xian went further into the tunnel, they eventually found a room that was made of black stone.

Before they could enter the room that was already illuminated, sounds of low gurgling croak and flapping of wings from the outside could be heard. As the sounds get closer, the louder they became. Soon deep inside, aside from two torches that lit the dark tunnel, multiple red menacing eyes glowed.

"Black ravens?" Xu Xian asked with a confused expression as he saw multiple black ravens going inside the room made of black stone.

"Why would they suddenly go inside that room?" Can immediately crouched as the flock of birds continuously flew inside the room.

"We will find out soon enough. Be careful, Can," Xu Xian warned.

When there were no more birds going in, the two got up and slowly entered the room.

"Huh? It's empty? Where did those birds go?" Xu Xian scratched his head in the mystery. Aside from a small orb of light on the ceiling of the huge room, there was nothing inside. It was completely empty.

Can observed the walls of the room. "Could there be another passage? A hidden passage perhaps?"

Xu Xian nodded. "That could be it."

As the two discussed and observed the walls of the room, they did not notice the growing black raven shaped shadow behind them. This shadow seemed to be absorbing the shadows of small black ravens in silence.

After completing the absorption, the black raven shaped shadow suddenly turned into a human. With both of his hand, he instantly grabbed both of Can and Xu Xian's neck.

"GOT YOU! Haha!" the Beast God of Mischief ecstatically shouted as he lifted the two from the ground. As the two struggled to break free from his grasp with their weak strength, the beast god could not help it but smile in delight. It has been a long time since he was able to catch prey to feed on. Although it was not necessary for a beast god like him to catch or eat preys, he finds satisfaction at seeing them die with his own hands.

"Ack!" Dropping both of their torches, Can and Xu Xian could not remove the hands of this mysterious person on their necks. This person was too strong!

"Interesting, a mortal and an immortal," the beast god slightly move his head to the side with wonder.

"I'm curious how both of you would taste! Let's start with the mortal!" the Beast God looked at Can with a menacing smile. As he opened his mouth to suck Can's spiritual energy, the mysterious symbol on Can's chest suddenly glowed. Within a few moments, the Beast God found itself lying on the ground as a huge crack where he fell formed.

Coughing a mouthful of blood, he got up.

The beast god looked up at the two who also just stood up. "What the f*ck just happened?"

Immediately, he noticed Can and the faint yellow glow on his chest that was covered by his clothing. While looking at the little beast summoner, he also noticed a mysterious figure covered in yellow light.

At that moment, the beast god's body shook. It was the spirit of the First Beast Summoner!

"You...you're supposed to be dead al-already," the nervous beast god said as he pointed with his pale and wounded hand at the direction of the spirit of the First Beast Summoner behind Can.

Remaining on guard as they caught their breath, Xu Xian and Can look at the mysterious person. They did not know exactly what happened earlier, but it seemed that the mysterious symbol on Can's chest protected both of them.