Chapter 35 - Father to the Rescue

(unedited)

Master Shin's spiritual energy was almost depleted, but he was not too worried. Now that Tin's spiritual core was destroyed by him, there was nothing that Tin could do at all. Lowering his guard, Master Shin unhurriedly took a high-grade spiritual recovery potion from his storage ring. The transparent bubble that Can was in started to fade. This moment would have given Can a chance to escape, but he was too occupied and devastated about Tin who was unconscious. The little beast summoner had stopped screaming a while ago because his throat became too worn out and swollen. Even if he wanted to speak, he would not be able to. His body shook; his legs suddenly became weak as he kneeled. Can was staring silently and lifelessly at Tin's unconscious body as his tears kept falling. It felt like a part of him was destroyed. He felt hopeless and useless. Tin has been helping and saving him. Now that it was Tin who needed his help, he could not do anything. Can felt miserable.

As Master Shin was opening the potion bottle, his shadow behind him silently started to grow as it took a form of a physical human. When Master Shin felt that something was wrong, it was too late for him to react.

"Molten Punch."

A very hot and glowing red hand covered with lava and flames penetrated through Master Shin's chest where his heart was located. As his chest was penetrated, his heart was easily removed from its place. Still throbbing in his hand, the mysterious shadow crushed it. Before Master Shin drew his last breath, he shakily turned around. When he saw the person who sneaked attack from behind, his eyes widened as they started to blur.

"I should've known...Tri...Phi-ravich....you ba-stard.....," Master Shin weakly said as he coughed up blood.

By being too careless for a moment, Master Shin was the one who truly suffered in the end. How did Tri manage to infiltrate the fortress? He should have been able to detect his presence as soon as he entered. That was unless he was able to somehow bypass the surveillance around the fortress and killed his entire team that was guarding this entire room without getting attention? If that was the case then....

Tri, who seemed to figure out what the dying old man was thinking, only gave him a cold murderous smile. This reaction confirmed Master Shin's assumption. His body was filled with goosebumps as tears slowly fell from his eyes.

Tin's father was a Tier 3 Rainbow Elementalist while the strongest fighter, Master Shin, in the Black Snake Clan was a Tier 2 Rainbow Witch. This gap of power could be compared to heaven and earth. With Tri's power, he could easily kill those who were below Tier 3 without too much of a problem.

"You...monster..." Master Shin quietly said as his eyes filled with regret slowly closed. His breathing immediately stopped afterwards.

His death was the end to his plan of avenging his clan members. He promised that their enemies would pay hundredfold, yet why was it that their clan was the one suffering once again? Life and fate were truly unfair.

Tin's father who had an unkempt look due to his time in jail did not reply. He removed his left hand from the old man's chest as he kicked him to the floor.

"Memory Absorb."

Master Shin's corpse floated into the air, as his memories were being absorbed.

Now that Master Shin was dead and the guards of the fortress were either killed or escaped, the Witch Prison had completely faded. When Can realized that Master Shin had died by the hands of the unknown savior, he did not hesitate to go to Tin's side.

He forced to himself to speak so that Tin would hear him.

"Tin...Tin...wake..up," Can weakly and hoarsely whispered as he caressed the face of the unconscious man in front of him. His tears once again flowed intensely. After seeing Tin up close, Can was able to see the pain that Tin was feeling even if he was unconscious. Tin's forehead was covered in beads of sweat as his brows frowned from the pain. His breathing was weak.