Chapter 28 - Field Trip

(Unedited)

When Can finally arrived home, the first thing that he did was check the structure of the house to see the damages that were caused by the termites. Surprisingly, nothing has changed. Everything looked the same. It was like there were no termites to begin with. The pest control company that exterminated the termites must be really good!

The only thing that was different in the house was his mother and sister. They seemed to be dispirited as if they were done living in this world.

"What's wrong with the two of you?" Can curiously asked as he placed his suitcase near the stairs.

"Nothing, just wished we stayed longer in that....." Before Ley could finish her complaint and slip of her tongue, her mom immediately nudged her.

"We are just tired that's all," Can's mom glared at Ley. The latter closed her mouth and tried to change the topic.

"How was your stay with Tin?" Ley asked as she started imagining different scenarios in her mind.

Can reminisce the things that he did while he stayed in Tin's mansion. He definitely had a good time. 

"It was good," he said as a quick smile formed on his face.

Can's mother and Ley looked at one another. They knew something good must have happened between the two, but they decided not to ask.

The Rathavit family continued to catch up on things that happened to them especially Can's competition last week. Of course, the mother and daughter duo excluded to talk about their trip to Japan. On the way back to their house, the duo already created a perfect story for Can if he started asking what they did during the weekend. Can, of course, believed them. Overall, the happy, loving, and warm atmosphere in the house once again returned.

The next morning after making breakfast for his family, Can went to the university as usual. The only difference this time was that he has to meet his self-proclaimed master in his office. Can is well aware of this person. Frankly, everyone should know Old Man Khang the moment his name was heard. He is one of the few Tier 6 Rainbow leveled individuals in the world.

The little beast summoner was a little nervous but excited to meet Old Man Khang. Can did not know why such a celebrated person wanted him to become his disciple, because other than the fact that he could form unlimited contracts with beasts, there is nothing else special about him. Surely, he could have picked someone who is way stronger and more special than him. Of course, he would not complain why Old Man Khang chose him. This is actually a perfect opportunity for him to expand his knowledge and learn new things about Beast Summoning from the best master he sort of knew!

Following the directions that were given by his friends, he managed to get in front of the office of his new master on time.

When he was about to knock on the door, a voice from the inside was heard.

"Come in!"

Can was startled but he was sure that it was his new master who just spoke.

When he opened the door, he saw the old man in his seat with a serious expression on his face as he was writing something on a piece of paper on his desk. The first impression that Can had about his new master before meeting him for the first time was that he was a very dignified and honorable figure as opposed to the ridiculous rumors surrounding him. Yet, the moment that he saw him though, he felt that those rumors about him were true. Wearing a wool fedora hat, brown leather jacket, long sleeve tactical shirt, khaki pants, and a whip, he resembled Indiana Jones! 

 Wearing a wool fedora hat, brown leather jacket, long sleeve tactical shirt, khaki pants, and a whip, he resembled Indiana Jones!