Chapter 129 - The Road Towards Revenge

"I can help you with your pain."

A heavy darkness of pain and emptiness of losing a child in his heart loomed over Can. That emptiness was so huge that it felt like a blackhole that could consume worlds and still that would not even be enough to fill it.

Can raised his head. His vision was blurred and dark. He was unable to focus. Still, he held his child as if his life depended on her. Anger sipped and flooded him.

Another enemy to finish the job?

"I understand your pain," the man shrouded in black mist said with flashed teeth. The black mist that shrouded this person seemed to vibrate vigorously as compared to earlier.

"Who are you?" Can said with his jaw clenching and quivering.

The black mist slowly bowed.

"I am not your enemy. I am your ally," he said.

Can didn't say anything and gripped his baby much closer to him. The baby began to cry from being tightly wrapped by her parent.

"I understand the hesitation," he stood up straight, still maintaining that bright smile.

Can wanted to use a defensive spell, but he was completely depleted. Regeneration was slow.

"To show you my sincerity, I have a small gift for you," the black mist said.

His hand extended in the air and a portal was created.

Reaching inside the portal it created, the black mist pulled a person from within. It was the beastgod Marco.

Like some kind of trash, the black mist threw Marco on the floor right in front of Can. He was already unconscious but he was muttering incoherently while his brows frowned.

"He's..." Can whispered. His eyes were piercing cold towards the unconscious beastgod.

"Yes. One of your enemies," the black mist interrupted. "He's my gift."

Can looked at the black mist. "Who are you and what do you want from me?"

"I am a curse meant to kill evil beast gods. I am the reason why all of them left."

The black mist vibrated intensely once again as it pointed to itself. "I am the bringer of justice and death."

Can did not understand what the black mist meant exactly.

"I need to fulfill my duty at punishing these beastgods but I am stuck in this realm. I need your help. I want you to bring me to them through him," he said pointing at Marco.

"I can help you bring justice to you. I can bring those who wronged you and your family. I just need a vessel." It was such a good opportunity to fulfill what he was created for.

Can frowned as he looked down on his baby. He will get his revenge. Id did not matter how. Those beastgods will pay. His judgement and morality clouded.

"What kind of vessel," he whispered. They will pay.

Another portal opened from thin air.

The smile on the black mist's face grew larger as it faced the portal.

"An empty one."

The black mist vanished but a voice echoed in Can's ears. "I'll be back when he's ready..."

Tin rushed outside of the portal and looked for Can. As soon as he saw him in such a sorry state, his heart raced as he shouted, "Can! Can!"

Following him were Pete, Ae, Kengkla, Techno, Tin's father, Master Khang, Can's mother and Ley. All of them were cautious and on guard.

At the destroyed mansion where they left, a select force of elite members of the Beast Summoners' Guild, Elementalist Association, and allies were investigating and on standby.

Tin did not know what to say at that moment as he went on his knees and wrapped his hands around him shakily.

There was silence for a few moments. A small pause to take everything in.

They both knew the awful news that would come next.

"Can? How are you feeling? What do you need from me? How's our twins?" Tin panicked especially when he heard Kat's muffled crying.

As he looked towards Kat, he realized that she was suffocating! Can was holding her too close to his chest!

"Can, let me hold her for Pete to check," Tin said with softness in his tone.

Can did not answer. He was still tense.

Tin looked into Can's eyes and reassured him. "I'm here, Can. It's okay."

He reached out towards Kat but Can jolted holding Kat tighter.

"It's okay now Can. You're safe with me. She's safe," Tin reassured. In his mind, there was this sinking feeling that his other child had gone missing.

Can although tensed, listened to him and let go of his tight grip on Kat.

"They took him... Tin... They took Kit," he said with lips quivering. Tears began to flow again.

"They took him..."

Fist clenching, Tin pursed his lips momentarily with his eyes watery. "We'll get him back Can. I promise that. No matter what it takes, we'll bring him back."

Pete rushed to their side and immediately checked on Kat to make sure that she was okay. He sighed with relief. There was nothing wrong with her aside from the dirt she got on her face.

He nodded at Tin. "She's fine."

Pete turned towards Can to check on him. He was certainly beaten up awfully by the looks of it.

"Can I'll be checking on you to make sure you're okay," Pete said softly as he touched Can's chest. Pete frowned. His right hand was on Can's chest while the other on his back. Both hands glowed blue and that light spread throughout Can's body.

Beads of sweat began to form on Pete's forehead.

"Can, your spiritual core is damaged."