Chapter 14- A chance

*Anna's POV*

The small remote restaurant Jacqueline dragged me to was far away from the Olympic Village. We had to take two taxis to get there and she insisted I would wear some sunglasses to hide my features and a beanie to cover my hair. I didn't know why she was so cautious but she threatened she would damage my phone if I didn't do so, thus I did as I was told without asking any questions.

We stepped inside the small restaurant to be welcomed by the amazing smell of strawberries and chocolate. Instantly, we both drooled and squealed in excitement. Jacqueline chose a table by a large window where we could see the marvellous park that was right across from the restaurant.

The tall handsome waiter arrived to take our orders. He was tall, in his early twenties, he was tanned and he had black wavy hair, his eyes were the colour of an ocean and he had a breath-taking smile. He looked just like Alexandre.

I zoned out while Jacqueline and the waiter flirted shamelessly.

*Flashback*

"I love you, Alexandre!" I whispered resting my head on my boyfriend's strong shoulders.

He kissed my forehead before whispering back "I love you too!"

I looked up at him to see him staring at the sky.

It was mid- December and the snow was covering the streets giving it a sense of... Cleanliness! I've always loved winter. The houses were gracefully covered in snow . The streets were beautifully illuminated by Christmas lights , in every street you would find little kids dragging their parents to the very well-known toy stores here.

"Hey Anna?" Alexandre brought me back to reality.

I beamed at him and he returned the smile with a grin.

"Yes?" I questioned closing my eyes and enjoying the sudden cold breeze that hit my face.

"I.. I need to tell you something!" unfortunately I missed the glint of fear in his voice so my eyes remained closed.

"Oh yeah! What is it?" I asked nonchalantly enjoying the small snowflakes that were begginning to fall down on my face.

"I... I... I am ..."

*Flashback over*

"Anna! What's wrong? Are you okay?"

I opened my eyes to be met by Jacqueline whose eyes were widened and who was reaching to hold my hands.

I was surprised at first but my hands found their way to my cheeks. They were damp... I was crying!

That memory always reminded me of how the most perfect moments can be destroyed by a simple word like

"an addict!"

It showed me that there are no such things as happy endings. That no matter how happy you are, life will always throw obstacles and difficulties along your path. It's up to you to cry and sob or be determined to continue your path no matter what. In my case, I did the first! I let it get to me, I cried and became more and more isolated. I made a mistake and it was trusting people and I would never make this mistake again.

It's funny how you can be on top of the world and so happy when suddenly your world is turned upside down. That's why I'm always cautious; whenever I'm too happy, I know something bad will happen. And that's exactly what happened with Alexandre.

"I... I'm fine!" I lied wiping the tears quickly. The waiter had already gone to bring our orders.

Jacqueline shot me a sympathetic look, she knew it had something to do with Alexandre but she didn't ask me about it. That's why I loved her, she always gave me my space when I was feeling blue. Suddenly the bell above the door dinged indicating that someone got in. I didn't bother to look.

Nevertheless, Jacqueline took a glance at the newcomer before she signed for them to come. I was utterly confused. Jacqueline never invited strangers to sit with us. I couldn't see the newcomer as I wasn't facing them.

Jacqueline's grin grew wider and I knew she was up to no good.

"Jacqueline... What the-?" I was cut off by the arrival of the mysterious man. No, scratch that... I was interrupted by the arrival of Zayn Malik.

•••••••••••

*Zayn's POV*

I sat across from Anna as Jacqueline announced that she was leaving to talk to her "friend". Anna looked up at her best friend frantically , however Jacqueline didn't seem to notice and went to talk with a tall handsome waiter.

I broke my gaze from Jacqueline to look at Anna. Her eyes were red which means she was crying, her blonde brownish hair was cascading down her back. She tucked a lock of her hair behind her ear looking down. She wasn't talking to me... Not even acknowledging my presence.

"So..." I started awkwardly. She didn't flinch or even look up. She kept playing with the cheesecake that lay in front of her.

"We need to talk!" I announced. She smirked and finally looked up at me. Her eyes had this glim of enjoyment.

"Really? Because I thought you only came here to stare at me!" she joked.

I chuckled. She didn't know but her comment made me more sure that she was indeed Niall's "Princess".

*"Rule number 1... She has to be funny!" Niall chirped.*

"It's about Niall!" I informed her scanning her face. The moment she heard the irish's name her face fell and she looked down again. I groaned mentally *what was wrong with her and Niall anyway?*

"Anna!" I called her name and she looked up reluctantly. "Why do you keep pushing Niall away?" I asked the question that Niall kept asking for the past few days.

"I.... I....." she trailed off and I flashed her a smile begging her to go on "I'm not interested in him! I'm sorry!" she stood up gathering her stuff and I scoffed. She looked at me expectantly.

"Well.. That's not what I saw the other day at that café! You guys were looking at each other like you were in love... So why don't you tell me the real reason?" I inquired with a smirk.

She sighed and ran her fingers through her hair, she sat down again and looked me in the eyes "Niall is a great guy, Zayn! I'm sure of that... It's just..." she trailed off fixing her gaze on a spot behind me.

"Just what, Anna?"

"I.... I'm not ready yet! I've already told Niall that but he seems so... Presistent!" she added a bit confused.

I sighed "Anna, I don't know what's happening in your life but whatever it is please don't let it make you misjudge Niall! Just give him a chance! We have never seen him this ..." I trailed off thinking of the right word "interested in a girl before! You made an impact on him, just please! All I'm asking is for you to give him a chance! I'm not asking you guys to get married or even start going out, I just want you to talk to him! Properly! I'm sure once you do, you'll understand how much you mean to him!" I finished my long speech hoping it would convince her.

"I mean this much to him?" she inquired shocked.

"Yes! He keeps talking about you all the time!" I explained

She stayed silent for what seemed like ages, she bit her lip nervously before sighing and nodding quickly.

"Thank you! Trust me, you won't regret it!" I reassured her which made her smile.

*"Rule number two... She has to have a beautiful smile" Niall added a few minutes later holding his middle finger*

"Okay! But one chance... That's all I'm giving him!" she added quickly.

I nodded frantically and she grinned, I returned the grin before laying back in my chair scanning her.

That was one of the hardest things I have ever done!

-•-•-•-•-•

A/N: YAAAY! she's giving him a chance!

Vote/comment? If anyone is reading this then please vote!! I might not upload again!

Tell me what you think! :)

Enjoy! :) xx