Chapter 26- Take a chance on me.

Chapter 26

Quote of the chapter:-

"Nerds like us are allowed to be unironically enthusiastic about stuff. We don't have to be like 'Oh yeah that purse is okay' or like, 'Yeah, I like that band's early stuff'. Nerds are allowed to love stuff, like jump-up-and-down-in-the-chair-can't-control-yourself-love-it. When people call people nerds, mostly what they are saying is,'You like stuff', which is just not a good insult at all , like 'You are too enthusiastic about the miracle of human consciousness"

- John Green

-•-•-•-•-•

Day 15

Days left 2 days

-•-•-•-•-•-•-•

*Niall's POV*

I have always despised watching romantic movies. I have always thought that they were too cheesy. Although I'm a romantic guy who likes to spoil his girl but I have always seen these movies as overrated.

Whenever I used to watch these kind of movies with my parents, I would scoff at the unrealistic plot line. What I hated the most was whenever the main male character's jaw dropped whilst seeing his date for the first time all dressed up and looking gorgeous.

I'm not saying that she didn't look good. On the contrary, she was beautiful but the whole stuttering thing and the widened eyes made the whole movie cheesy. No one does that in real life...

Same for novels, why would a lad get butterflies in their stomach? It was cheesy not to mention girly. And why would they feel a lump at the pit of their stomach while they were holding the girl's hand?

I would never feel such things. Of course, my heart races whenever I talk to Anna or mention her name but that's about it. No butterflies, no stuttering... Nothing!

There I was standing right in front of the most beautiful girl I have ever seen , butterflies going crazy in my stomach. I tried to say something , anything but incoherent words came out making me look like an idiot.

Okay... Maybe these movies weren't that cheesy after all...

"You-You..." oh great now I can't even speak. She was standing right in front of me by her apartment's door smiling shyly at me and blushing.

Her best friend was behind her gushing about the whole scene snd holding her hand on her chest like a proud mother.

Anna turned to her best friend looking worried and mumbling something in french. The latter regained her consciousness and shot me a death glare when Anna wasn't looking.

"You look stunning!" I exclaimed finally as my date smiled cheerfully and gave her best friend a smug look.

The latter smiled at me approvingly before pushing Anna out the door.

"You guys behave. And Niall, bring her back before eleven. You don't want Max to kill you, right?" she reminded me as I gulped fearfully while guiding Anna to the car and nodding understandingly to her best friend.

"So... Where are you taking me?" Anna inquired as soon as we were on the road.

"Not saying." I told her sheepishly while scanning her again.

Her hair was curled up and cascading down her back framing her beautiful oval face. Her eyes were glimmering in anticipation as she was clutching her purse. She was wearing a blue tank top with stars scattered around and black skinny jeans. A black scarf was wrapped around her neck making her look even more gorgeous.