Chapter 19 - His Princess?

*Niall's POV*

The green eyed monster. The disease that threatenes to eat you alive. The pang that hits your chest suddenly making you clench and unclench your fists infuriated. It makes you ready to pounce on someone, tearing their head off no matter what the consequences are.

Jealousy.

Throughout history, jealousy has been the main theme in many plays. Othello's jealousy made him kill his own wife . Leontes jealousy made him suffer greatly causing him to lose his wife and daughter and best friend.

Jealousy has been a very intruging emotion for most writers and until now it still has a prestigious spot in many domains. Litterature, Arts, even movies.

That leads us to the question: Why? Why is jealousy so interesting?

Because in my opinion jealousy reveals what a person is really capable of. Othello was capable of killing but has it even occured to him that he would be able to hurt the woman who has chosen him over the most noblemen of Venice, Desdemona? Of course not!

But then came jealousy. It came with its fangs and claws blinding him and making him do things he has never thought he would be able to do. I think what I'm trying to say here is that jealousy is a terrible feeling, it's like a huge black hole that sucks you in. And once you're in, you're never out.

Personally, I have never thought I would be able to become jealous. Why would I? I have nothing to be jealous of, I have the money, the fame, the fans and many more. There was nothing I didn't have. Or that's what I thought. There was one thing I didn't have, one thing that,sadly, couldn't be bought by money nor fame. That thing was Anna.

Anna wasn't the kind of girls who would fall head over heels for me in a few seconds. On the contrary, she really knew how to control her emotions and not show them. She knew how to silence her adventurous and reckless part. And it amazed me , it amazed me how she has been able to do this for so long. She was interesting, very interesting and I liked that. It made me want her even more, there was a burning fire inside of me aching to see Anna and to hear her voice again. I would do anything to be with her right now, but instead I wasn't. You know who was? That guy Max and it killed me seeing MY Anna with another guy.

I watched that interview furiously clenching my fists every two minutes. There he was with that smug look on his face looking absolutely ridiculous smiling at MY Anna , laughing with MY princess. It infuriated me, I should be the one who's smiling at her and making her laugh like that, not him. I listened carefully as both of them were answering a few questions about themselves. I ignored Max's part and focused on Anna's. For instant, I knew that her favourite colour was blue. I knew that she wants to join the University of Arts and that she was really keen on photography. Well, that was news. I zoned out again as Max began speaking about how he first got into the Olympic team.

However, a question got my attention. The interviewer whose name was Johanna and who was too energetic for that time of the day asked them whether they were dating. I inhaled sharply trying to calm myself and looked intensily at Anna who was about to answer the question.

"It's actually quite weird for someone to ask a question like this but Max and I are not dating! We're just very good friends, that's all!".

I sighed in relief knowing that Anna was all mine. Nevertheless, I didn't miss that hint of jealousy on that Max dude's face. It made my blood boil. I knew he had some sort of interest in her. The way he was looking at her during this interview, the way his eyes softened whenever she was speaking made it clear and for some reason it made me jealous as hell.