Chapter 8- Second Chance.

*Anna's POV*

It was our second day in London and a lot of things have happened already. I met the famous Niall Horan twice and they haven't been the most perfect moments of my life to be honest.

I knew that he didn't mean to feel sorry for me, I could see it in his eyes, he genuinely cared about me and wanted to help me but I'm too stubborn to admit it. I hate asking people for help, I hate being in the position where someone feels sorry for me. I hate those pathetic looks people give me, I feel vulnerable, weak and hopeless. I'm not a strong girl, in fact I'm very fragile, I can get broken easily. My heart can get broken easily and I'm not the kind of girls to trust people fast, they have to earn my trust and once they do, they better not waste it. That was Alexandre's problem, I trusted him, he trusted me and we fell in love. I have to admit it, I imagined a whole future with him, happily married with children and a house with a white fence. He was my prince charming.

He was strong, handsome with black curly hair and amazing sapphire eyes. His smile could instantly make you feel better no matter what and his laugh was contagious, he was a funny and smart guy and we were the perfect couple. We were the couple everyone envied but behind the happy and calm façade, we had our own troubles. Alexandre was an addict, whenever he was high, he would become the opposite of what everyone thought he was, he'd become rude, impolite and ruthless. Why didn't I leave him you ask? Because I was simply in love with him. I couldn't stay away from him, he was like a disease, I became so clingy to him.

I was warned several times of the consequences of my unhealthy feelings but I shrugged them all off. I never saw Alexandre as the addict, horrible and sick boy, I often saw him as the amazing, funny and outgoing seventeen years old boy. I was blind and I was too attached to him. It became unhealthy, for both of us.

That's why I had to break up with him.

I would never forget that day, the day I broke up with the love of my life. My prince charming. It was the moment everything shattered, all my dreams and expectations faded away just because we were too in love with each other. I hurt him, he was devastated after our breakup. He tried to stop using drugs but he couldn't. I guess once you're in, you're never out. I still remember that look on his face and how his eyes shone eith fear and disturbance. He was relying on me, we were lovers and most importantly best friends.

"I... I'm sorry Anna!! I'll try to stop! I promise!" he pleaded eyes full of tears.

I couldn't say anything then, I just shook my head and walked away. He kept calling for me and shouting my name but I never looked back. I never took a last glance at the boy I once thought was going to be my husband.

Just because it was too painful to.

"Anna.. We're leaving in a few minutes! You wanna come with us?" Jacqueline questioned while drying her hair with a towel. She has just taken a shower and she was going out with Max. Brother-sister time or whatever you wanted to call it. I wasn't going to intrude so I simply declined her offer. She nodded in understanding and went to get dressed.

I plopped myself on the bed and turned on the tv. They were showing an episode of "Doctor Who". I've heard a lot about that show so I decided to watch it. It was very interesting and wonderful. (A/N: I've never seen it but I've heard it was good so put up with me on that one ;) )

******

So maybe watching "Doctor Who" wasn't a very good idea. I became too addicted to it that I actually started googling the show on my laptop and started watching some old episodes. My favorite has to be David Tennant. I've already loved him at Harry Potter but seeing him as The Doctor was completely different. It was refreshing.