Chapter 2 - Opening Ceremony

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to @TheDoubleFreaks for being so persistent and asking me to post the next chapter.. Hope you enjoy it guys :p :p ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                      "France" The speaker's voice rang through the whole stadium. I guess that was our cue to get out. I took a deep breath before finally stepping out and being met by the thunderous cheers from the spectators. I put on my most convincing happy smile and waved to the enormous people who were cheering for us. I was without doubt the youngest among our team. 17 years old to be exact, people often understimated me but I turned out to be one of the best players in my team.

         I was nudged slightly on my ribs so I turned around and met Jacqueline's beautiful blue eyes. Jacqueline was my best friend. We have known each other since  we were both six years old and we have become inseperable ever since. She smiled slightly at me and whispered "Can you believe this?". I shook my head quickly.

        No one could've believed that normal Anna Dupont and Jacqueline LeRoix were at the Olympics.. in London being greeted by millions of people plus the Queen. We started playing basketball together and we were very talented at it if I may add. We were both accepted into the Olympic team. Crazy right? Our whole lives have turned upside down ever since, basketball became a priority , we didn't complain but our parents did. We had to work extra hard at school so we would carry on playing basketball.  That was until that hideous day where everything collapsed. Well, let's talk about that later.

******

          "Wasn't that awesome or what? Max exclaimed the moment we stepped foot in our hotel.

        Max was a player in the men's basketball team also Jacqueline's big brother. He was extremely funny and never failed to make anyone laugh. That's why we all liked him. He was probably 20 years old, tall,tanned, blue eyes, blonde hair. Your perfect kind of guy not to mention that I had a tiny crush on him when I was 13 but now it's all good.

                      It was already two in the morning and we were exhausted and besides we were having our first match tomorrow against Russia so we needed to concentrate. 

                    We all nodded and laughed as he was telling us the highlights of the ceremony from his point of view. The huge Voldemort was definetly the highlight if you ask me. As a Potterhead seeing J.K Rowling along with a huge Voldemort made me grin like an idiot. I let out a loud yawn signaling that I was going to bed. I dragged Jacqueline along and we waited for the elevator to come down. 

A few minutes later we were both crawled into bed and drifting into a deep sleep the events of that night still being replayed in both our heads. 

     With a huge grin on my face and with my mind set on winning tomorrow, I tightened my grip around my duvet and sunk further underneath it. 

"Night Jacqueline." I heard myself saying before drifting into a deep sleep.

*******

*Niall's POV*

                   "Fance"  the man's voice bellowed through the stadium. I was watching the Olympics opening ceremony with the rest of the lads.

      I wasn't really looking at the TV as much as I was trying to protect my precious chips from Zayn's vicious hands. 

    I was pulled away from my thoughts by Harry's deep voice yelling "Wow.. Look at her!"

          I looked at the girl Harry was pointing out and in fact she was very attractive. Her long wavy blonde-brownish hair was in a neat pony tail and  those captivating green eyes were glimmering with joy. She looked like a funny girl... Probably a very cheerful one too. My kind of girl that is.. The way she was joking around with the blonde girl next to her indicated that they were best friends and she seemed so young too.. Like seventeen or maybe even eighteen years old.. She must be the youngest of these players too.. The amount of things I figured just by looking at her.

        "Aww.. Does Niall have a little crush?" Harry said teasingly.

           I broke my gaze from the girl's gorgeous face to see that all the lads were already looking at me.

               "What? Me? Crush? Of course not!" I answered them sternly.

            Their eyes never left mine and Zayn smirked. They exchanged glances and Zayn scanned my face while a blush crept onto it. 

      "Whatever you say Niall..." He said with a wink.

           I cleared my throat and announced that I was going to bed. 

           "Can't wait to see her in your dreams right?" Louis laughed causing all the boys to chuckle.

           I rolled my eyes at their immaturity and made my way to my room.

           As I was lying in my bed , I started thinking about that girl. I really wanted to see her again, even if it's just on TV. Tomorrow I was totally going to research all the French Olympic team. Maybe I'll be able to watch her on TV. Maybe even catch her name.. 

I sighed and closed my eyes and yes I admit a part of me really wanted to see her in my dreams which never happened by the way.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Second chapter... Tell me what you guys think? Please vote? *le insert cute puppy eyes here*.. :3.. Next chapter is where Niall and Anna are going to meet =)... The gif on the side is the look Niall had when he saw Anna ;)... Cute!! <3.. Don't forget to vote :D

Enjoy! xx :)