Chapter 5 - On my mind.

*Zayn's POV*

"So he said that he was not  hungry?" Liam repeated for the millionth time today.

"and he also said that he went out but didn't get anything to eat.. He also said it was because of a girl!" Louis added after him.

We all looked at eachother for a long time before I finally managed to speak "Niall found his princess!" . They all nodded in agreement. We've been waiting for this moment for a long time, the moment Niall finds his princess. We thought it would be a joyful moment, he would be happy, we would be happy. He would get married and live happily ever after. We had no idea that he would be this sad. He wasn't hungry for God's sake. There was something about this girl,  something abnormal. That girl made our Nialler sad, something was disturbing him. I felt bad seeing him hurt like that. We never liked to see Niall angry or frustrated. It just made us all gloomy. He'd stop eating for days, he would even stop playing the guitar and he would look terrible. His eyes would lose their sparkle and we would barely see him smiling. The last time he looked that sad was when that girl refused to have a photo with him and wanted to have a photo with Louis instead. That incident was a wake-up call to all of us. We had haters and from all the people they could have possibly chosen from to hate on, they chose sweet, innocent and amazing Niall.  It was rather disgusting if you ask me, it should have been me, not Niall. I made some things I was never proud of but Niall was just, he was so vulnerable. We all had that urge to protect him, shield him from the cruel world. I took it as my personal duty to do so, he was like my brother. I never had brothers and Niall and the lads were the closest thing to brothers. I always had something special for Niall, I used to listen to him talking about his "princess", how he would know that she was the one the moment he sees her. How he would do anything to be with her, how he would sacrifice anything just to make her smile. Heck, he made me eager to meet her. You should've seen the look on his eyes whenever he was talking about her. Call him cheesy but his eyes softened, his voice became deeper and stronger and he had the most amazing smile in the whole world. I loved seeing him like that, but the Niall I saw a few minutes ago, that wasn't our Niall. That was gloomy Niall, sad Niall, heartbroken Niall and most importantly not hungry Niall. That was the worst Niall you could deal with. I made a pact to find out what was disturbing my Niall.

*******

*Anna's POV*

The game was over and the team and I agreed to go and celebrate and by celebrate I mean being completely crazy and getting kicked out from wherever we were. Yup.. We were cool like that. I've been having an internal debate since this morning, since my encounter with the mysterious Niall. Something about him made me.... happy? He had an amazing aura that just captivated you. The way he blushed when he introduced himself was amazing. I had the stupid urge to ruffle his hair playfully and just pinch his cheeks. He was like.. Furby. His eyes held too much excitement in them, the way he looked at the ground when he said that he saw me before , I felt... special. For once, I felt special and happy knowing that I had this effect on people and not just any people... boys, but then it hit me, I rejected him. I walked away from him. He seemed hurt and devastated, I hated doing this to people. It seemed like he wasn't used to talking to girls. It must have taken him a lot of courage to ask me for my number, maybe he wasn't the kind of guys who talked to girls all the time? I didn't know him but one thing I knew for sure, whomever that Niall guy is, I hurt him, badly and I felt sorry for it. If only I could apologize....

******

"Wear your cocktail blue dress!" Jacqueline ordered me casually. We were back in our room getting ready to go out or as Jacqueline and Max liked to say "Show London how the French team parties".