Chapter 13 -Deal.

*Zayn's POV*

"I'm sorry! This is not , Anna! I'm her friend! Jacqueline! Who is this?"

"I.. Erm... This is Zayn Malik!" I answered fearing her reaction. The last thing I wanted was to deal with a crazy fangirl.

"oh... That's nice!" she said nonchalantly "You said you wanted Anna... What for?" she asked

"I... I'd rather talk to her personally!" I was getting angrier. I was wasting my time with Anna's friend on the phone and I wasn't happy.

"Well.. Mr. Malik!" she emphasised my last name "You're not going to talk to Anna unless you tell me first what you want from her"

I groaned in frustration "Well... I guess I'll talk to her later then! Whenever YOU aren't around!" I announced angrily.

I heard her gasping "How. Dare. You? Well for your information I can just block your number right now and you can say goodbye to ever talking to Anna" she said mischievously.

I sighed and pondered whether I should tell her or not but her next question caught me off guard.

"Is this about Niall?" she blurted out.

I tensed and I didn't answer. I didn't know whether it was safe to tell her or not.

"erm... Yes!" I told her the truth. She sighed and she said a few words in French."Has she told you anything about him?" I finally asked.

She sighed and there was a long moment of silence before she finally spoke "Yes! Look Zayn, I'm not trying to interfere in her business but Anna's been through a lot and I'm not sure if she.... "

"Hey mate! Who are you talking to?" an irish accent suddenly cut Jacqueline off. She must have heard him because she suddenly stopped talking.

I moved my mobile phone away and turned to face Niall. He was frowning looking deeply in my eyes. I bit my lower lip and he frowned even more.

He knew I was anxious.

"erm... It's just Doniya!" I lied shamelessly. It felt horrible lying to Niall but I didn't want him to know about what I was doing.

He seemed to be deep in thoughts but his expression was soon replaced by a genuine smile "Okay , mate! Tell her I said "Hi"" he grinned happily.

I nodded feeling guilty for lying to him. I didn't mean to, if he found out that I was going to meet Anna, he'd go crazy and never talk to me again.

He motioned for me that he was going to the kitchen and I nodded. As soon as he had left the room I sighed in relief.

"He's gone!" I announced happily to Jacqueline. She sighed in relief as well. "So.. You were saying?"

"oh right! Anna's been through a lot and I don't think she can.. " she paused for a while as if she was pondering whether to go on or not.

"She can what?" I pressed. I needed to know what was wrong with her.

"I... I..." Jacqueline slurred anxiously. "I'm sorry! I don't think I can tell you, Zayn!" I groaned "I'm sorry! But Niall is a great guy and I'm sure he can find any other girl!" she added.

"No! You see.. The problem is that he doesn't want any other girl! He wants Anna!" I yelled too loudly and I immediatelly remembered Niall who was just a few metres away. "look" I whispered "Just let me talk to her!" I begged.

She sighed and I could already hear my heart hammering inside my chest. I knew that this moment meant a lot to Niall. It was a decisive moment! I was about to know whether Anna could even listen to me or not.

"Fine! But I know Anna , she's too stubborn!" she informed me. "She won't talk to you!" she added and my heart sank.

"W-what do you mean?"

"what I mean is that we're gonna have to work something out!"

••••••••••••••

*Anna's POV*

I sat up in my bed sweating and breathing heavily. I was clutching my heart frantically and taking deep breaths.

"It was just a nightmare!" I whispered to myself.

I tried to forget about my nightmare but it kept haunting me. Alexandre's sad and miserable face, his sapphire eyes which were staring into mine telling me he'd change and me walking away crying my eyes out and regretting falling in love.

Falling in love is for idiots, it's for people who are too weak and who need someone to take care of them. I was loved... By Jacqueline and my family. I didn't need a guy to love me! Right?

But then I remembered my day out with Max yesterday, how I felt very protected when I hugged him, how I loved how he cared about me, how he made the butterflies in my stomach go crazy and how I felt this jolt of electricity when my lips almost touched his. Maybe I was weak, maybe I needed someone to love.

*No!* My inner voice said defiantly. I wasn't falling in love and that's it.

I sighed and took a glance at the digital clock beside me. The red numbers read 13:30. I sighed knowing that I have slept for almost twelve hours. I got out of bed slowly and glanced at the bed beside me. Jacqueline wasn't there. I searched for my phone to call her but surprisingly didn't find that one either.

Something was wrong.

I decided to shrug it off and made my way to the bathroom. I stepped inside the shower remembering what happened yesterday and sighing. Things are going to be so awkward between Max and I from now on.

After I was done, I put on a pair of denim shorts and a long sleeved stripped shirt. I let my hair fall on my back and just as I was about to go out looking for Jacqueline , the door swung open revealing the latter.

"Where were you?" I asked immediately. She tensed a bit but made her way in and plopped herself on the bed.

"I was with Max and his friends! We went out for breakfast! I tried to tell you but you were sleeping!" she announced casually.

"Did you take my phone?" I asked plopping myself next to her.

She suddenly seemed uncomfortable and she looked away. I cleared my throat and she made an eye contact with me.

She was hiding something. She was avoiding my gaze and she was constantly tucking a lock of her loosen blonde hair behind her ear. Something she has always done whenever she was anxious or lying.

"I.. Erm... My phone died and I didn't have time to charge it so I took yours!" she informed me fiddling with her thumbs.

I narrowed my eyes at her but instantly shrugged it off. Jacqueline was hiding something from me but I didn't want to push her to find out. She will tell me when she's ready, if she doesn't then it isn't important.

"Fancy going out?" she inquired in a fail attempt of sounding British. I chuckled at her attempt and nodded.

She grinned like a Cheshire cat and dragged me by my hand.

"I know just the place!"

Why did I feel anxious all of a sudden?

•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•

A/N: What do you think will happen?

Vote/comment?

Tell me what you think! ;)

Enjoy! :) xx