Chapter 20- Not Giving up

A/N: As you guys may be a bit confused about the dates, I have decided to put a countdown at the beginning of each chapter to make it easier for you... As you all know this IS happening during the Olympics so I'm kinda limited to a certain number of days... So in order to make it easier for you guys, I'll be writing how many days will be left until the Olympics are over. Hope it makes everything easier. Now enjoy the chapter! ;) xx

-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-

Day 11.

Days until the Olympics are over : 6

*Anna's POV*

Silence.

Complete and utter silence.

It was exactly what happened after those words left Niall's mouth.

I was shocked. Taken aback. Worried. Anxious and ... So many other emotions which I couldn't decipher. If it weren't for the heavy breathing coming from the other side of the phone,I'd think he was dead. Unfortunately, he wasn't. He was waiting for my answer.

"I'm sorry Anna. I didn't know what came upon me, I didn't mean to be so straightforward" he apologized seeming clearly puzzled by his own question.

I sighed closing my eyes and pondering what to say. I knew this was coming, I knew he would ask about me but was I ready to tell him? Was I ready to put our friendship on the line just so I would tell him?

No.

But again, I put myself in his shoes. He must be feeling angry and frustrated with my behaviour and manners. He'd be wretched knowing that he's telling me everything while I'm just pushing him away. I had to give him some sort of explanations, some sort of a reason as for why I'm doing this to him.

"No... I understand completely. You are feeling frustrated and angry with me and I don't really blame you." I explained still biting my lip

"I just want you to know that I've been through a lot, I know it doesn't make sense to you but it's gonna take time for me to trust you." I explained again feeling extremely guilty.

"You're a great guy, I give you that. But I just need some... Time" I bit my lip even harder waiting for his response.

I heard him sighing heavily and he whispered an "Okay". I knew I hurt him, I knew that he'll get bored eventually with me. He will be fed up with my drama and my shyness and he would probably forget about me. When the Olympics are over, I'd just be a bitter memory to him. Just a girl he once knew.

Why did it hurt so much? It's the truth anyway... Right? Why would he still be attached to me? I'm nothing to him. Absolutely nothing!

"Look... I gotta go now!" he said through the phone "I'll talk to you later, okay?"

I winced, his voice was dull, shaky and sad. I was the reason for his sudden change of emotions. I was the reason our conversation wasn't interesting enough for him.

I have never thought about that, never thought that me being hesitant and shy towards people would make me lose them. I have never considered how my reactions towards my problems would affect people around me, my friends, family and... Niall.

He didn't even wait for my response, he just hung up.

The ugly truth was revealed, I was having a taste of my own medicine. I didn't want this to happen. Suddenly , I felt scared, lonely and miserable. And it hit me.

I was losing the only person who cared about me right now: Niall.

•••••••••••