Chapter 7- The Tables have turned

*Anna's POV*

"That was the most disrespectful thing I have ever seen in my entire life!" Jacqueline scolded me while we were going back to the hotel. She was holding my arm like her life depended on it and she was just doing all those crazy gestures which I presumed were not good while Max was walking behind us his hands shoved in his pockets. Wow.. Someone was acting weird. I wasn't paying attention to what she was saying until  "and I can't believe you did this to the one and only Niall Horan!" she said way too dramatically. That snapped me out of my thoughts "How do you know his last name? I only know his first name!" . Jacqueline froze in the middle of the sidewalk still grabbing me which made me stop abruptly as well. That seemed to get Max out of whatever state he was in because he seemed to be back in the real world and staring at Jacqueline and I. 

"You.. You honestly don't know who you were talking to?" she stuttered eyeing me. I could tell that the look in her eyes didn't indicate anything well. I shook my head slowly feeling like I was going to regret it which sadly happened. Max seemed to be so interested in our conversation and suddenly he snapped his fingers like he remembered something. "Niall.. Niall Horan as that guy from that stupid band that you are totally in love with?" he asked again. Jacqueline winced as he said these words. It seemed like with ever word he said , a dagger was stabbed in her heart. No kidding.. I know my best friend and that wasn't her best expression. She sighed "Yes Max! But I wouldn't call them stupid.. They are the most amazing, wonderful and beautiful boys in the whole world, not to mention they have an accent which makes them 100% cooler!". It must have looked like I was struggling to keep up with them because Jacqueline used the I-am-talking-to-a-kid- tone with me "Look.. Anna.. One Direction are a british/irish boyband and they are absolutely stunning and beautiful. Their music is inspiring, catchy and fabulous! The boys are Harry Styles also known as the flirty boy, Louis Tomlinson who is the eldest but sure doesn't act like it!" She paused for a while making sure I was still concentrating, I gave her a slight nod as if to tell her to go on. "Liam Payne also known as Daddy Direction who's the mature one , Zayn Malik also known as vain.." She leaned in and whispered "He cares too much about the way he looks". She stepped away and glared at me "and last but not lest Niall Horan the one you brutally just rejected and possibly even broke his heart" by then she was glaring at me. Thank God by then we were at the hotel making our way to our rooms. Suddenly, she seemed like she remebered something "What DID he want from you anyway?" 

Oh shit.. here it comes!

It took me thirty minutes to explain to both, Jacqueline and Max, the whole Niall situation from this morning until tonight, yup thirty minutes because ever two minutes Jacqueline would try to either  pinch me or hit me hard due to my "stupidity! or "ignorance" or my favourite "hurting Furby" . Yup.. Jacqueline is very "dedicated" to these boys. Although I believe the word is "obsessed". Anyway, halfway through my explanation Max had to give Jacqueline "a time out" so she would cool down and think about the consequences of hurting the team's "star" or whatever. Eventually, Max told me to sit a few feets away from her in case anything bad happened. Luckily, I got to finish the whole story with no damage what so ever. Weird.. Because Jacqueline seemed calm.. too calm! 

"So.. You mean to tell me that you met THE Niall Horan this morning and he asked for your number but you declined and then tonight he wanted to talk to you and just get to know you but you also declined and told him which I quote "Stay away from me and please don't try to talk to me ever again"?" She asked still bewildered by my whole story. I took a glance at Max who was still holding her just in case and he shook his head slowly , he tightened his grip around her waist and I nodded. I closed my eyes waiting for her outbrust. Shockingly, she did nothing, I opened my eyes again making sure she was still alive and guess what? She was! So, I took that as a sign to try and explain myself further more. "Jacqueline.. You've been my friend for what? Ten years? Maybe even more.. You know every dirty little secret about me, we've been together our whole lives. I was there when you were going on your first date, you were there when I was talking to my first crush and you were the one who told me what to say and what not to.. You were there for me when I was being completely crazy and stupid and you were there for me when I did what I did with ... Alexandre". Max looked up at me shocked and even Jacqueline's eyes widened. I smirked "Well.. you see! I can't afford losing anyone else, I can't afford hurting anyone else! I can't trust anyone.. Especially a famous boy from a very known boyband who will eventually forget about me when I leave.. Now can I?". I waited for a few minutes until the realisation hit them , Max was the first to talk "I agree Jacqueline.. Anna has a point! You can't possibly ask her to trust someone who will eventually mean nothing to her in a few weeks.. Right?" I didn't know why, but Max's words hurt me a lot. Of course I don't care about Niall. Or do I? Of course not, why would I? Jacqueline soon shook her head slowly and grinned "You're right! I'm sorry but my fangirl side was overpowering me! I still can't believe you were actually talking to Niall Horan. " I chuckled slightly.. Only Jacqueline! "But I have to say, what you did was very mean, Anna". I sighed and I admitted "I know... but it had to be done.. You know?" . Both of them sighed and nodded in agreement. If only Niall knew....