Chapter 11 - Trying to forget.

A/N: The parts which are written between (*) are in italic. Sorry I'm on my iPod and can't change fonts... :/

Enjoy! :) xx

---------------------------

*Niall's POV*

I stood there, frozen, shocked and overwhelmed trying to decipher what just happened. Anna hung up on me, she broke my heart, yet again. She refused to even let me finish or even explain why I haven't called her.

*Why haven't you called her?*My inner voice scolded me.

Because I was a coward. Because I couldn't gather up my courage and diall her number to ask about her.

I kept telling myself that I cared about her, that I wanted to fix her, I wanted to make her fall in love with me but yet as soon as I got her number, I didn't call.

I sighed and took a glance at my phone. Should I call her again? I decided against it respecting her demands and made my way to where the boys were sitting thousands of ideas running through my head, mostly about how to get Anna to forgive me.

"So? How did it go? I knew she would forgive you! Now when is your date?" Louis ranted on but as soon as he had seen my face , he frowned and looked at me expectantly.

I sat next to Zayn who has finished eating his pizza and I looked down avoiding the other lads' worried looks.

"Niall? Is everything okay?" Liam questioned bringing me back to reality. I refused to break my gaze from the interesting marble floor.

Someone put their hand on my shoulder but it didn't take me long to figure out who it was.

Zayn.

"Niall! What did she say?" he questioned worriedly. His voice was so quiet I could barely hear it.

I finally looked up at him tears threatening to prickle from my eyes. His eyes softened as he repeated his question again.

"She... She said she didn't want to hear from me again!" I explained not breaking my gaze from the Bradford boy's eyes. Something about Zayn always gave me strength, the way his eyes held so many emotions, the way he could always know when you're lying to him and how he always managed to listen to all my rants about "my princess" without getting bored. Sometimes, I wonder why I haven't left the band yet but only one reason came to me.

Zayn.

•••••••••••••••••

*Zayn's POV*

The moment these words left Niall's mouth, my heart sank. I looked him in the eyes without blinking and I could see how he was about to cry. I hated seeing him like that, I hated seeing him on the verge of tears.

I knew that Anna wasn't just any girl. I knew that she was THE girl. The other lads knew there was something special about her, that she meant a lot to Niall but not as much as I did.

I knew why Anna meant a lot to Niall, I knew why she was special, because she fits all Niall's descriptions for "his princess".

Despite her stubborn and arrogant nature, her smile was so warm and tender. Her eyes always glistened whenever she was talking about basketball or her younger brother. I saw how she always listened carefully to what Niall was saying as if she was evaluating it. Although they haven't talked to each other much at that café but I knew they were perfect for each other.

I knew they will eventually end up together but I couldn't help wonder "when?" .

Until when does Niall have to suffer like this in order to win her heart? Until when do I have to see him hurting like this whenever they talked?