Chapter 10- Goodbye

*Anna's POV*

*flashback*

"This is unacceptable!" my mum bellowed angrily walking towards me just as I was making my way inside the house. She was followed by my father who had this serious expression on his face which indicated that this couldn't be good.

I took off my sneakers and put my keys in the bowl next to the door not losing my temper. I knew my mother wanted to fight but I was not in the mood for it.

"Good evening to you too, mother!" I said bored. She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms.

My mum was in her mid fifties, she was medium height , we shared the same blond brown-ish hair, even we had the same short temper. The only difference was that she had hazel eyes and she hated basketball. Tell me about it...

"Are you aware of the time, Anna?" she inquired , voice full of anger and authority.

I shrugged nonchalantly and took a glance at my watch. It was eleven pm. Shit! It was way past my curfew.

"Oh God... I'm so sorry, mum! You see... We were so into our game we lost track of time and then Jacqueline and I-" she cut me off by raising her hand firmly and turning to my father.

I hated it when she brought my father into our arguments. She knew that he loved me and she was very aware that he would never do something to make me mad. However, she would only make him interfere in one circumstance.

When she's right!

My father seemed very anxious and he was running his fingers through his almost white hair. His hair had this special colour, it was light brown with locks of white. His eyes were blue as an ocean and his smile was so warm and sincere it can make you melt. Right now he didn't have a smile, he had this uncomfortable frown and his eyebrows were knitted together as if he was having this internal debate about whether he should do something or not.

He finally gave in and sighed "Anna... You know how much we dislike it when you come home after your curfew, right?" I nodded my head slowly "especially if it's for basketball! Correct?" he added a few minutes later and my heart sank.

What does he mean?

He's not possibly thinking about...

"Anna!" he had the same look he had when he was about to tell Caroline that her puppy died, back when she was ten. "Your mother and I came to a conclusion. Basketball has been taking a lot of your time, we hardly ever see you!" he paused scanning my face looking for any emotion "your mother and I think it's best for you if you... Stopped playing basketball!"

My eyes widened and I clanched my teeth.

"This won't be forever though!" he continued fast "It would only he after the Olympics are over! Just so you would concentrate on your studies!" he explained.

My eyes went from my mother who had a a smirk on her face to my father who seemed very and deeply sorry.

"But... You can't do that!" I begged "I'll study more! I... I'll do whatever you want! Please?? Basketball is my whole life! I'll be competing in the Olympics for God's sake!" by then I was shouting.

My mum chuckled and shook her head "It's over, Anna! Now go to your room!"

I looked at my dad who was avoiding my gaze. He knew he devastating this would be for me.

"Dad! Please?" I begged him tears streaming down my face.

He finally looked up at me "I'm so sorry , Anna!"

*flashback over*

•••••••••••

I kept remembering this day over and over today.