Chapter 18- Promise

*Anna's POV*

You know that moment when you just want to dig a whole and live in it? It's normally due to sheer embarassement and discomfort. When you feel all eyes on you and you just hate it, you hate being the center of attention, you just like to live your life without people staring at you and just criticizing you. That was exactly my motto during the past few years 'No attention, No problems' or something along those lines. Honestly, I don't even know how Niall does it. Being all famous and stuff.

So anyway, back to the point, as I have mentioned before, I hated being the center of attention. So can someone please tell me what the hell am I doing on BBC at 8 am in the morning smiling at a camera while millions of people are watching me in their living rooms?

"Good Morning Britain, how are you all doing on this sunny day? It's not raining for a change" the perky announcer chirped happily grinning widely at the cameras. How in the world can someone be this energetic at 8 am?

" As we had promised you before, we will have two members of each team everyday depending on your tweets. And today we have Anna Dupont and Max LeRoix from the French Olympic team." she announced and Max and I waved to the cameras putting on our best smiles.

"Okay, for those of you who don't know, Anna Dupont captured everyone's attention with her amazing skills for her young age at playing basketball" she started and I blushed slightly glancing at Max who was looking at me proudly.

"As for Max LeRoix , his charms and good looks aren't the only thing he possessed as he's a skillfull basketball player as well" she finished looking at Max dreamily. She , then, turned to the camera again explaining how the French team exceeded all expectations, that was when I took the time to scan the studio I was in.

It was one of those nice looking , home type of studios. Like the majority of all the studios, it had a brown leather sofa in the middle where Max and I were sitting while the announcer whose name was Johanna was sitting right across from us on a chair that didn't look that comfortable. The lights were dim yet cozy and the walls were a light beige colour giving the place a sense of tranquility.

I zoned in again just as Johanna was asking me a question "So, how's London treating you, Anna? Having fun?". I swear that overly high- pitched voice is going to ruin my eardrums.

I cleared my throat and looked directly at the cameras just how the coach had taught me "Well, I'm really enjoying myself! The weather here is colder than the weather in France but I'm adjusting" I laughed nervously at the end and so did Johanna flashing me one of these overly wide smiles.

She was a medium sized , she had curly blond hair just like wheat which was cascading down her back to her waist framing her heart-shaped face. She had freckles scattered on her cheeks and she had even some on the bridge of her nose, her emerald eyes were glimmering in content as she was speaking loudly to Max and her eyes kept flickering between Max and I. Despite her hyper activ character, she had a warm smile and a pleasant aura around her not to mention that she was gorgeous.

I listened to her as she was telling the viewers how the women's french team was qualified to the next round along with the men's team as well. Max and I glanced at each other and he shot me a weak smile.

She asked us a few more questions. Most of them were actually from Twitter, people were asking about our hobbies, favourite colours and some even wanted to know whether we were dating or not. That was weird, where would they even get that idea from? It was absurd not to mention idiotic.

"It's actually quite weird for someone to ask a question like this but Max and I are not dating! We're just very good friends, that's all!" I confirmed looking directly at Johanna. Max didn't say anything, he just nodded and Johanna did the same. She was about to say something but she restrained herself from doing it, probably due to her lack of time.