Chapter 57

to you i was merely a monster, and in the end, that's all i ever was

Chapter Fifty-Seven:

The rain washed away the green and red blood, the colors seemed to reflect the memories Paige was re-living.

As she cheered over her presents, everyone else was morning over the death of warriors fighting a monster. She was sleek, her eyes narrowing at the Luna behind her. She turned, throwing the Alpha off, and baring her teeth.

The Luna took one step back before she snarled, clearly pissed of at the woman who was supposed to be the aunt to her grandchildren.

The snarl only seemed to increase the anger the monster had. Before the Luna could react, the monster lifted up her paw like hand, dragging it across the Luna's eyes. She yelped, blood dripping down her face.

The monster took this time to play with the poor soul, sinking her teeth into the pelt. She didn't get enough time, for the Alpha she was previously fighting jumped back, enrage at his mate's injuries.

He ripped the monster's ear out, the bone being visible to his eyes. He growled in pleasure, going to the next. Paige only turned, meeting his teeth with her's. Her face became full of claw and teeth marks as they danced a fight.

Gem's brother and sister ran to aid their mother, shifting into wolf form. One took the Luna to safely as the other joined into the fight.

It was uncommon how none of the Alphas or Leaders moved, almost memorizing the monster and the lives she would take. Gem stood in between Hunter and Sage, tears down her face for her mother. She didn't go to comfort her; there was no point if she did. I can not leave this battle.

Gem's brother launched himself onto the monster's back, bitting the back of her neck, almost in the same spot his father did. It was a two versus one situation, and it wasn't close at all. The monster jumped, moving her body almost poetically and sinking her teeth into the wolf's throat, tearing it apart.

The Alpha roared at the death of his son, his son's bond breaking and shattering inside his heart. It was what brought the other wolves back to the field, respecting the challenge of the monster to Alpha. Even in wars, wolves follow their traditions.

The Alpha flopped on top of his pups's body, his dead pup. His eyes become weak as he felt the blood drain from his son's body and his own. He soon closed his eyes, and it was onto a matter in time before he would join his baby boy.

Around them, wolves yelped and snarled, baring their teeth and showing the monster's their claws. They attacked, launching their bodies in hopes of killing and wounding. Their pitiful advances did nothing, but only opened their bodies to their weak points. A pack of wolves slaughtered at the cold, dead, monstrous hands of one.

The ones who were lucky, left for the safety of the Goddess, freeing themselves from the battle and allowing more to fall victim to the same faith they escaped.

No Alphas moved, waiting a time for them to strike. They couldn't go flying in, lives depended on them, but as they waited, lives that could have been saved a lost in the mass of dead bodies pilling up around the monster.

When no wolf moved to replace the last, the monster started to eat the corpses, her teeth dragging the muscle and skin from the bones and her stomach waiting for the substance to fall. She even at the bones, loud crack in sounds echoed through everyone's ears till the monster couldn't eat anything else. Everyone just watched, too disgusted to move.

Her stomach is like an empty hole, and everything keeps falling through, Hunter thought, remembering the first time Paige ate like that. This is just disgusting.

After her fill, the monster would crept towards the rest, stalking her prey. The monster was so animalistic, so inhuman like, that not even the common animal would match her behaviors. She was the artificial copy and mixture that went wrong.

Another older Alpha went towards her, commanding his pack to fall behind him. He watched as the Lupin's pack was massacred, and he wouldn't allow that to happen to his. Not single person should cause this much damage and chaos.

After transforming into a beast, he bared his teeth. It was an act that was getting old to Paige, for she would only snap back harder. The Alpha and his pack quickly fell to the same faith, destroyed bodies eaten, only becoming something to strengthen the monster.

Each pack slowly fell, the deaths being watched by the members inside the temple. Vampires fell, maybe being quick enough to dodge the first, but nobody gets away from their destiny for long.

Realization struck through the minds of everyone, and they all fled, heading towards the temple. They entered quickly and swiftly, blocking all the entrances. They wouldn't win this war with one to thousand combat.

They needed something to harm her, to injury her, to kill her. The only person who had a chance was Jo Jo, but she was dead, her neck snapped.

"What are we going to do?"

"Where's my dad?"

"Our Alpha is gone!"

"She killed the Leader."

Panic filled the halls, and not even the remaining Alphas and Leaders could calm the sea of pain and destruction. They watched the survived die inside, some never to live with happiness and joy again. The hope was dying, and there wasn't anything anyone could do about it.