Chapter 53

is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured

friedrich neitzshe

Chapter Fifty-Three:

The cold feeling of death started to slice through the trees and enter the home of the Moon Goddess. Shivering, wolves and vampires alike started to come from their rooms, their bones shaking with fear.

She's here, Gem thought, her hands gripped Hunter's. She huffed, her body being pulled closer to her mate's.

Hunter only could close his eyes, his hand tightened by his mate. Previously, he was looking at his phone, getting a message from the other hunter's. Jo Jo was found died, her body left to rot on the highway.

He knew it was Paige's monster's doing.

"Hunter," Gem whispered, hearing people leave their rooms, "she's here."

Nodding, Hunter kissed her checks. "I love you." He stood up, hearing Gem whispering it back before they both left, becoming part of the crowd.

Together, Gem and Hunter walked to where the Alphas, Lunas, and Covern Leaders were standing, quickly spotting Charlie and Sage amongst them.

"There's no way she can kill us all. There is only one of her." An Alpha growled out, anger rising in his veins. His pack and mate was in danger, and he would do anything to save them. "Just send warriors to take her down."

Sage shook her head, laughing at the Alpha. "Paige could take down packs before that monster took over."

One of the Luna's scoffed, "Paige is the monster. Can't you see! We kill her, and the monster dies!"

Gem growled at her, flanking Sage's side. "Shut it, Luna. You are just joining this war. Know your place."

Growls erupted from pretty much everywhere. The leaders fighting with one another reflected their packs, who now bared their teeth at friends and alliances.

In the distance, Paige watched as her light started to flicker. No, don't fight each other. She stared their the monster's eyes, watching as wolves lunged at each other, vampires attacked.

Earlier that day, Paige used her position in her mind to persuade the monster to let Susan survive. The vampire stood no chance against something so strong and tainted.

It was only seconds till Susan's blood was spilt into the holy grounds, weakening her body with each drop.

With shaking legs, Susan got up from the ground, refusing to let Paige live. She killed my sister, she chanted in her head, she killed my sister.

Her finger nails sharpened into claws as she tried to scratched Paige's face, leaving some sort of memory into her skin. She can't have a scarless body in a fucking war!

Susan and Paige danced, dodging and attacking each other. It was clear who was better in the end.

Paige's body was fluent to the silent music as she stepped and launched her threats physically and mentally. Her eyes stared down her prey, watching as the vampire made a commitment to fight back. She chuckled as she watched determination flicker through her eyes.

The monster could easily tell that the vampire had been training, improving her fighting skills from when she fought against her sister. The vampire was training hard; the monster could tell.

"You could train for thousands of years, Susan, but you can never kill me." The monster gripped Susan's throat very quickly, feeling the air being blocked within her finger tips. "You could have been great, Susan. You could have been the vampire."

Susan gasped, her claws striking down on Paige's wrist. The wounds didn't nothing against her grip.

"How would you like to die, Susan? The same way as Duran?" Paige laughed, her breath hitting Susan and her words hurting her ears.

Shame isn't it, the human in her head thought. Sure you could kill everyone, but you aren't strong enough for when they fight together.

Paige stared up at the monster, waiting for her to take the bait, and the poor soul did.

Your supposed to fight the monster! Fight me! Paige screamed, banging her hands against her side. The monster only watched as blood was already being split.

"Some things are just born to die, Paige." The monster chuckled, "I'm not one of them, but they are."

Paige cried, tears coming down her checks. You will die. Just you wait!

"Wishing death on your own creation, Paige?" The monster chuckled, her fingers playing his Paige's hair. "You loved Purity and Sacrifice, but not anymore?" The monster question, walking from the shadows and closer to the group of supernaturals fighting.

I can't wait until they kill you.

"Paige, you silly little girl." The monster chuckled one last time before she howled, alerting everyone of her presence. She walked past the trees, and, some say, that they died with her touch.

For a monster, her feet were very graceful, even her claws and teeth.

"This," she screamed, "is your finally chance!" Slowly, one by one, her body came into the light. Hunter stared at the body of his sister and the control of the monster. Sage grimaced at the monster's words in Paige's throat. Gem whimpered at the lost of the wolf and vampire driven to killing by their artificial revenge. "Your sisters and brothers before you have chosen wrong. Those beasts are died."

The monster smiled as everyone watched her. "It's your choice. Join me, and, maybe, I'll let you live in the end."

Not one soul moved, they stationed behind their leaders. The Alphas and Luna's bared their teeth, protecting their pack. The vampires hissed about, warning the monster about coming forth.

Paige only hummed, "Now that's not very welcoming." Her eyes darkened, hiding Paige from the show. With a smirk on her lips, she launched at the nearest Alpha, snapping his neck. The wolves of his pack felt their Alpha died through the bond, making their Luna mateless. The dead Alpha's pack was in the verge of becoming rogues.

The others could only hope the Luna would survive, bounding the pack to justice and stopping them from falling into the wrong hands.