Chapter 6

maybe i'll become a beautiful monster. a heartless creature. a goddess of pain. maybe then the emptiness of this bullet hole, they left in my chest, will finally make sense

veronkia jeanka

Chapter six:

Storming, the sky was storming. Hail fell from the skies. The clouds covered the light blue color people see from everywhere. Everyone continue on though, nothing could stop a society of hunters from cleansing the world.

"Doctor!" A man ran into the room, his eyes laid on his sister, lying still in the room. "Is she... is she going to be alright?" Hunter asked, grabbing the man's shirt. His eyes held something he haven't felt since his parents died: fear. Fear of losing his sister, the only member of his family he has left.

"She's recovering fast," the Doctor asked, prying the hands of a strong man from his shirt. "Remarkably. She should be healed up by tomorrow."

"Where is she!" Another woman ran through the building, throwing the doors open as she looked for the room. She stumbled upon Paige's room, breathing hard as she feared for the young woman.

"Sage, the Doc said she will be healed by tomorrow, and then we can ask her why." Hunter grabbed her arm, pulling her to Paige, who was sleeping peacefully in the hospital bed.

"You can't just go and ask her why!" Sage screamed, slapping him on the shoulder.

"Ow."

"You have to ease into the conversation." Sage sneered, rolling her eyes and grabbing Paige's hand. "She's obviously still hurt."

"And you told me not to worry about her," Hunter grumbled.

"She was acting perfectly fine!" Sage yelled, "Do not put this on me!"

Hunter raised his hands, realizing his mistake. "That's not what I ment Sage. I'm just... frustrated."

He ran his hand over his face, "I'm her only brother. I was supposed to protect her."

Sage smiled sadly, staring up at the grown man staring at his baby sister. She stood still watching as he mumbled about his failures. She felt like she failed too. Hunter and Paige were like her brother and sister; she needed to pay more attention to the Kill family.

"Hunter," Sage cut him off, "we are doing good for a brother, especially in this situation." Sage smiled, "You were there every step of the way. You let five wolves go just to get here to see her. You are a wonderful brother."

He swallowed, shaking his head. "Whatever you say, Sage. It doesn't change the fact that she is here."

A muffled moan echoed through the room, Paige rolled to her side, clearly just sleeping the pain off. Sage smiled, pushing a strand of hair out of the way. She frowned when she realized how pointy her ears were.

"Wh... what?" Paige spoke before her eyes opened. When they did, she saw Sage and Hunter standing above her. "Where?"

"Hospital," Hunter sat at the end of her bed, making sure not to sit on her feet. "How you feeling?

Get to the lab. "Perfectly fine, Hunter. I feel no pain or wounds." Paige smiled, quickly getting up from her spot. She felt a little light headed, but knew she would live.