Chapter 48

learn to tame the monster in you because all monsters are human

Chapter Forty-Eight:

The gun quivered as the rain started to fall down onto the windows of the hallways, tapping it, almost like a clock. Paige stood, her chest puffed out and her face straight. She stared at Jo, waiting. She, honesty, didn't care if this pathetic hunter shot her or not. If she did, Paige would die, losing too much of her pure human blood she's been living off of, and if she didn't, Paige would still be weakened to the point where she could watch.

"What would you bleed?" Jo whispered, staring at Paige, trying to find her soul. Her eyes were lightly glowing in a way a human wouldn't physically be able to do. "Would it be the monster or would it be Paige?"

Paige tilt her head to the side, raising an eyebrow. "I'll bleed. It's very simple."

Jo smirked, her eyes glittering in a way. I know more than you think.

Paige stepped back, pushing the gun down as she moved. "What do you know about me, Jo?"

Jo laughed, throwing her head back. "I know a lot of things, Paige. I was the first hunter allowed to analyze your work." She motioned her head towards the outside door. "The walls have eyes and ears."

Paige watched as Jo walked outside, clearly waiting for Paige to follow. When Paige started to move, Jo's lips turned upwards.

"If your lucky, Jo Jo," Paige whispered, making Jo turn around to face her, "you may know everything I did in the beginning."

"I know what Paige knows. What do you call yourself?" Jo asked, walking backwards in the direction of the woods. "I assume you don't want to be remember as Paige Kill for the rest of your life."

Paige eyes shined, her lips tight. "This world hasn't deserved to know my true name, Human."

She doesn't actually have a name. Jo snickered moving her body along the path. The Paige we know had names for everything. "I see, but I'm not calling you Paige. You tainted her name."

"She did most of it herself, Jo. She's the soul that allowed me to birthed off of. In a way, I'm Paige, the real Paige, the one that was pushed aside." Paige grabbed her wrist, nails digging into her self. "Every drop of the blood is hers." Paige smirked when she saw the small human in her body shake and scream with pain.

Jo stood there, watching the blood fall. She didn't move; she could only hope that what she knew was correct. The wolf and the human have a connection. She could practically recall everything she knew from the Academy, but the question: was the Academy right?

"You don't classify yourself as human, even inside a body with no supernatural abilities?"

The monster started to laugh, her head shaking. "A human couldn't bring this much life into the world."

"Are you trying the kill Paige?" Jo asked, she stepped forward, her eyes still on the blood simmering down the women's forearm.

"She's human." Paige whispered, bring her lips to her own wrist. "She holds no power." She then started to suck the blood, not fully liking the foul taste that a human body gave off, especially Paige's.

"A reason to kill her or to keep her alive?"

Paige shock her head. "You ask far too many questions. What is it that you seek?"

Jo sat down, her butt on the dirt. She looked up at Paige, analyzing her body. Everything seemed to be fully healed, but something about her aura told her weakness. Her eyes gave it away.

The eyes of a dying body.

"For your information, I only seek for the light, the truth."

Paige stared down, not use to typical conversation. She had power; she was no longer gaining strength. She was wise; there was no knowledge for her to learn. Now, she has time to play in the minds of humans who hold no value in her mission.

The only thing was, Jo knew more than anyone else would need to know. She can't do anything with her information.

Jo stayed sitting, her fingers twirling in the wet grass. "Tell me. Are you and Paige connected?"

The monster laughed, "I'm immortal, Jo. I have no dependent variables keeping me alive."

Jo nodded, wondering if she was telling the truth. Paige had to be watching as the monster moved her body; thousands of tests on wolves proved that, but could the monster be powerful enough the break the bond and live to tell the tale.

It's all about asking the right questions. "You came to me, unnamed monster. What were you seeking?"

The monster stood there, watching Jo as she waited. "Nothing now." Paige turned, walking away from the human, a human, who means nothing, a fighter, who could destroy her? A woman, who could outsmart her?

Jo watched her back side, smiling. Everyone has a weakness. You can't be that stupid.

Jo got up, dusted off her butt the best she could before running away from Paige and the building. She needed to start of the process, and hopefully she wouldn't be too late.

Paige's old research lab was still there, untouched. Jo took at the keys when she reached the door. She looked around, wondering if any one was follower her. Could Paige be following me?

Shuddering at the thought, she clicked the key into the key hole. She hadn't been in this room since Paige was with the doctors.

She turned the knob, seeing everything where she left it. The wolf blood in the fridge went bad, the pictures of Paige's family where under notebooks of work, the retired machine rusted from the blood.

Jo closed the door when she entered, quickly heading towards table. Paige's Academy notebook laid on the table.

When she opened it, her eyes meet beautiful pages of notes, sticking notes adding some off ideas from the lesson.

She started to turn the pages, till she found the one she needed.

The Bond Between Wolf and Human
• They are not the same person
• The wolf has abilities to heal the human and wolf body
- If the human body or wolf body is in too much harm, the wolf would be the first to die, and the human would die after
•The human can live without the wolf, but the wolf needs a host to be called a werewolf