Chapter 31

she's the monster under your bed

Chapter Thirty-One:

The sky was still filled with smoke. The fire still burned the last of the memories of the pack that just got destroyed.

Paige stood in the distance, staring up at the mountains that the wolves were using to protect themselves. The eight year old stared at Paige, wondering what was so fearful about this woman.

She saved me from the fire. Celeste leaned her head against the older women's arm, nuzzling herself closer as the cold winds nipped at her skin.

"Paige," she whispered, looking up. "What's happening to everyone?"

Paige smiled, lunging down. Her leg muscles finally healing completely. "I'm the savoir. My mission is to save Earth from beasts that are lurking in the shadows."

"Like the hunters?" Celeste asked, her eyes shinning hopefully. Hunters killed her kind, and she has been living in fear for her whole life. "Because they are scary."

Paige bite her lip, staring at the girl. "Sure."

Celeste smiled, running around Paige as she yelled in victory. "Can I help?"

"Of course," Paige laughed. An Alpha offspring will be very strong, much stronger then these vampires. "How good are you with pack territoires?"

Celeste laughed, "My Dad made me study them all the time!" She paused, looking down at her feet. "When are my Mom and Dad coming back from their trip?"

Paige smiled softly, a little evil glint in her eyes. "They aren't coming back till I complete my job. Celeste, they do not belong here. They never did.

"Now, go find Susan."

Celeste wondered off towards the small camp Paige forced the vampires to make. Many of the sleepy under the trees, huddle together for gain warmth from the cold.

Celeste Anastasia. The girl named after the Moon Goddess and that Disney Princess who escaped the fire.

Paige snickered, facing the cold, harsh winds. Head north to find that stupid submissive wolf. Paige smirked, till she felt pain shoot through her arms. Her skin started to tear opened.

Two vampires came to her aid, already giving her the green liquid: Dark Moon. Paige grabbed one slowly, just to prove she was strong enough to go without it.

She stuck it through her chest, the needle long enough to go through her whole body. The needle scraped her ribs as she shoved it in, pushing the top of it down to release.

Blood poured out from the needle, green going in and red coming out.

Paige's body healed, giving her more time to find a solution to her problem. She set it on the back burner, claiming her cleansing was more important to her.

"Leader Paige, may I go hunting?" The older vampire of the two asked, bowing it's head. Egor nodded in agreement.

"Bring back five large deer or don't come back at all." She snapped, taking her hand and swiping it across the vampire's face. A scar would stay there, running from above his left eye to the bottom of his right ear.

His body would never heal the scar Paige forced onto his face. For she was an Alpha, and an Alpha's mark will forever be burned into the skin.

Egor stepped forward, unhappy how the other female vampire had died in battle, to save his life. He wished he could kill Paige. She's responsible for her death! "What's the game plan, Leader?"

"None of your concern."

Egor grumbled, shaking his head. "Leader Paige, my life is on the line here."

Paige turned around, making herself face Egor. She only smiled. "You think your so high and mighty, Egor. Do you want to become the next Duran?"

Egor shook his head, even though he hated Paige, he still valued his life.

"Find that poor excuse of a man and help him." Paige laughed, sending a howl into the sky. Her monsters started to get thirsty, but she held them in. We will come out soon again.

She looked across, already sending the wolves paws hitting the ground. Their fear would fill the air. Fear might be better than domination.

She wondered where they would run. She scoffed, "It's useless. I'll find you anyways."

She started to walk back, her feet crushing any life below her. Her eyes roamed the area, catching Celeste and Susan talking.

Both are pathetic and easy to control. The perfect soldiers. Paige pushed her hair away from her face, her eyes shinning as they usually do. She never thought twice about it.

Vampires and wolves bowed down. She smirked at the ones who left their burning pack and joined hers. She would only use them as shields or warriors who would fight her battles. In the end, she would kill them all.

"Alpha Paige," a new wolf bowed, showing his bolding head. "It's an honor serving under you."

Paige stared at him, a waste of space, and let out a deep breath. "I really wish I could say the same, but I don't." She shoved him to the ground, before stomping on his chest. "Make yourself useful, and tell me where they are heading?"

The wolf gasped as she stomped, making him cough up blood. The others around him backed away, hoping they would anger the monster further.

His ribs were shattered, and he wished he could answer, but no words came out of his mouth.

Paige growled at the wolf, baring her wolf teeth in her human mouth. She leaned over grabbed him by the neck, and lifted him up.

"Answer me!"

A younger wolf pushed through the pack, walking straight towards Paige.

"Moon Goddess!"

Paige dropped the man, looking over her shoulder. "What?"

"They are heading towards her."

Paige shook her head. "Someone better tell me what this fucking idiot means!"

"They are going to her resting place," the younger wolf answered again, becoming smaller by the minute. Tears in his eyes. "Please don't kill my foster dad. He's all I have left."

Paige crackled, "Then you have nothing left."