Chapter 54

i am not the monster you think i am, i am worse

aniket dé

Chapter Fifty-Four:

It was snowing, the wind blowing the frosty flakes around the house, filled with warmth and heat.

Under the tree, a boy and a girl sat there, staring at the presents. Both had smiles, happy about the idea both of their parents were home. Even though they wanted there parents home for every holiday, they knew their work was bigger than all of them combined. After all, they were dreaming of going to the same Academy their parents went to.

"Merry Christmas," a woman walked down the stairs, her eyes twinkling as she looked at her babies. "Have you had breakfast?"

The little boy, Hunter Kill, laughed as he nodded his head. "Yeah. Can we open the presents now?"

The mother shook her head, forming her face into a playful glare. "Wait for your father."

Annoyed, Paige stood up, her arms across her undeveloped breasts. "Daddy!" She yelled, stomping her foot to get his attention. "Daddy!"

"Paige!" Her mother called over her screaming, her face actually upset. "You know better. Now sit. It's going to be longer wait with your behavior."

Paige flopped to the ground, anger, but she didn't speak or complain. She looked at her brother, glaring at him as she caught him glaring at her.

Stupid little sister.

Stupid brother.

The Kill's kids sat there quietly, waiting for their father to come down stairs. When he did, he marched to the kitchen, needing his cup of coffee before he had anything.

He had trouble sleeping, being notified by the Council of Hunters. A werewolf has slipped through the fingers of some hunters, heading back towards his or her pack. It was a common warning system, making the hunters who were home for the holidays aware.

After sipping his coffee, he hummed in delight. He watched as his wife turned a page of newspaper, a worry look in her face as she read the news.

"What is it this time?" He asked, sitting his coffee down and taking a sit by the lively women he wakes up next to.

"A pack of werewolves broke through one of the training centers." The woman shook her head, sitting the newspaper down. "Over five hundred new hunters and seven trainers were found dead, and over seven hundred injured.

"I don't understand how a pack of wolves could cause so much damage to one of the biggest training centers in the world." The woman sighed, leaning her head into the man's shoulder.

"Everything will be fine," the man whispered, kissing her check. "Come, we have some kids who want to open their presents."

The woman smiled, taking her husband's hand as she stood up. Together, they walked to the living room, watching as their kids put their ears to the presents, guessing what they got.

"Nothing is alive in there."

The kids jumped back, acting as if nothing happened. Hunter pretend to read on if the magazines in the table, upside down. Once he realized, he quickly turned it right side up, a sly grin on his face.

Paige stared at the ceiling, yawning as to make it seemed like she just woke up.

"Go open your presents, babies." Their mother gushed, grabbing her phone to take pictures and videos.

"Don't call us babies," Hunter grumbled, shaking his head, but a smile was still on his face.

Paige only dove under the tree, grabbing all of her presents. A smile, that was sure to bring her wrinkles when she was older, was on her face. She ripped through the paper, her eyes getting bigger than her face.

After each opened present, Paige would ran at her parents, jumping in their open arms over and over again. "I love you!"

Hunter would tear through his like a werewolf tearing through his or her enemy. He smirked, staring at his present before he moved to the next one. "Thanks, Mom and Dad! Love you!"

Their words were quick as they rushed around the house, playing with the new stuff they got. Screams and laughter filled the house, and the parents didn't bother with making them quiet.

"We did good," the man whispered, pulling his wife to the side. "Look at them."

The woman nodded, coming into the man's side without any complications. "Should we teach them the first lesson? We never know when we all will be here again."

The man nodded his head, telling his kids to come to the kitchen. His wife left his side, going to pick up the paper that was scattered across the floor, each in a different shape, patterns, and colors. It's good to feel a worry like having a clean house. It's much better than these places getting attacked by wolves and vampires.

Hunter quickly ran down the stairs, falling into the couch before shaking off the pain. His mother stared at him, making sure he was ok before Hunter ran into the kitchen, a huge smile on his face.

Paige was after him, sliding down the railing.

"Paige!" She hopped down. "You know better."

"Sorry Mom!" She gave her mother a cheeky grin, flopping onto the couch before rolling off of it. She hopped onto her feet, giving her mother a wave and dove into the kitchen, army crawling to her chair.

Paige and Hunter always had a lot of energy, always being cooped up in the little cabin in the woods.

When Paige sat in her sit, she put her hands on the table, connecting her fingers with each other. Hunter leaned back in the chair, somehow with his back still straight.

"All four legs on the ground, Hunter." A soft bang echoed through the kitchen. The mother gave a nod to her husband, and he opened his mouth to speak.