Chapter 25

broken people don't hide from their monsters. broken people let themselves be eaten

francesca zappia

Chapter Twenty-Five:

The tears coming down from Gem's face mixed with the rain drop slowly falling. Hunter held her close as his mate cried into the phone.

"Thanks Mom," Gem sniffled, snot running down from her nose. She was happy, joyful even. Her mother took no hesitation to make her daughter feel welcome with her new mate, hunter or not.

You can't choose your mate. Gem's mother, the Luna, passed the phone back to her mate, raising her eyebrow at him. You better not fuck this up.

"Gem dear, are you crying?" Her father asked, standing up from his office. "Gem, are you ok?"

"Yes, Daddy." He heard her whisper something to someone. "Mom just accepted who my mate was."

"And who was he?" He asked, narrowing his eyes. A sex predator, a rapist, a murder, a hunter? He was never going to accept one of those being his daughter's mate, any of his daughters.

"Daddy, I love you a lot," Gem whispered, hoping her father would see it from her mother's stand point. It wasn't his fault he grew up like that, but he sees the mistake. That has to count as something.

"Daddy, I'm not going to reject him."

"Who is he, Gem?" Her father growled. Gem recognized the Alpha tone, but he was no longer her Alpha. Alpha Paige is.

"My mate is Hunter Kill, and I love him." Gem stared down at her mate. Hunter stared back up, eyes widen at the word love. Gem smiled down softly, kissing his check. She knew it was far to soon for a human to be in love. He was still trying to figure out what was the effect of the mate bond and what was his actual feelings.

"You what?" A growl roared on the phone line, making everyone near the office stop what they were doing.

Holy shit. Do I say it back? Do I love her? Hunter licked his lips, deep in thought.

"You heard me, Daddy. I love him, and I know he isn't there, yet, and I'm willing to wait. He's done so much for me." Gem yelled, defending her mate to her father and telling Hunter it was ok. As long as you stay with me.

She heard her father huff. "We will be talking later."

And you fucked it up. Gem's mother shook her head before yelling, "Good bye! Love you!" At the phone before her mate hang up in a fit of rage.

Gem looked down at the phone, her legs still wrapped around Hunter. "Thank you." She slid the phone in Hunter's training gear, and looked down at the ground. Daddy was always hard to impress.

"Do you mean it?" Hunter asked, setting her down, gently. "Like, really? Or are you just trying to prove a point to your father?"

Gem looked up at him, going into her tippy toes from her previous position. She pressed her lips to his, making sure to rub her body into his. When she pulled away, she whispered, "I'll prove it to you."

She wrapped her arms around his neck, making her breasts rub his chest. Her hips thrust towards his, creating friction for the lower half of them. She felt his lips, active and alive, on her's.

Using her strength, she slowly pushed him into a tree. The Alpha gene in her coming out when she was wearing the pants in the relationship. He's all mine. Only mine. Mine.

She started to chew on his lip, making him pull it upwards. He took a deep breath before feeling a warm breath hitting his neck.

"Gem," he mumbled when he felt the contact between her lips and his flesh. How far are we going?

"Hmm," she moaned out. She pulled away, staring at Hunter with her big doe eyes.

"What is exactly your plan? The furthest we have ever done is kiss." Hunter stared at her waiting for her to answer the question.

"I, personally, feel ready for anything," she licked her lips to prove her point. Gem giggled when Hunter's eyes widen again. "But we will go as far that you are comfortable with."

Hunter nodded his head, "I rather do the more dirty in a house then in the middle of the woods when we are trying to escape my old co-workers."

Gem nodded her head too, disrupting all of her thoughts. "You're right." She pulled him away from the tree, taking the lead. "You are my smart mate."

Hunter shook his head, kissing her check. Sage said I was the dumbest person to walk the Earth, and Paige said I was an idiot with no brains. He chuckled at the memory. Those were the good old days, huh?

The two of them walked in silence. Hunter looked around in the trees, wondering what Gem's Pack Land would look like. He wondered how life could be. Him and Gem doing whatever. Paige having a little house of her own, doing what she wanted to do. Sage living with her. They could have been a happy little family.

"We are almost there. Are you hungry?" Gem asked, leaving into Hunter's side. Hunter only nodded, feeling something watching them.

"Good," Gem smiled. "The patrol should be somewhere around here. Their scent is strong."

"Gem Lupin?" A masculine voice called out, making Gem turn around.

"Jimmy!" She was quick to jump into his arms, and Hunter felt something rise inside of him: jealously. "I haven't seen you in years!"

Author's Note:

Merry Christmas! I have a one shot called Coldest Winter if you're in the holiday spirit, and I also have a book full of one shots for the 'Aim to Engage 2019' Prompts.

I published three new werewolf stories yesterday: THE PACK DOCTOR'S MATE, A WOLF'S GAME, and CHASING HOPE. Please check them out if you have enough time, and give me your thoughts on them.

Drop the mic,

GREEN CROW