Chapter 33

the monster was the best friend i ever had

boris karloff

Chapter Thirty-Three:

It was still hailing as Paige lead a group across the snowy lands. She was easily coming towards Gem's birth pack.

She smiled, being followed by her group. Some trying to survive and others were loyal to her ideas and plans.

Celeste stood next to Susan, who was near the back. She decided to stay away from the fighting and the blood. Goddess, I'm sorry. I'm sorry. She chanted in her head, missing her sister, the sister she ignored, the sister she beaten, the sister she killed.

"Where are we going?" Celeste asked, staring up at Susan. The older vampire didn't answer her, and she quickly left Celeste when she saw the large pack house.

Celeste was hurt when she saw Susan leave. She shook it off, thinking about what her mother said about vampires. Her brain hurt about thinking about her mother, but she couldn't remember something important they had said. It was almost like her memories were disappearing slowly from her. The fire burned away her past, leaving a terrible future in front of her.

Celeste shook her head before walking towards Paige, the Alpha's look murderous.

"Alpha Paige?" Celeste called out. The ocean of men and women slowly backed away, revealing a path for her to walk through. "What's happening?"

Paige ignored her, making Celeste walk away and explore the area alone.

"You should have killed her, Alpha."

Paige growled, "Shut the fuck up, you little shit. I really don't care. Send the first group in."

The wolf nodded before leaving with a group of five to look around. Paige assumed they would know she was coming. Gem was an odd ball. Somehow, she refused the pull of her Alpha. She's full of surprises.

Paige should have been wary about Gem, but the threat made her feel invincible. She didn't fear Gem. She was waiting for the time to end her, end the hope these beasts had in an Alpha's daughter.

"Leader Kill," a vampire from the group spoke, slowly walking towards Paige. "Your submissive is the only one there."

Paige nodded her head. "Bring her out."

Without another second, Gem was being escorted out. Her phone in her hand smashed into pieces. Her mind blank. Some said Paige could read minds of the weak. A silly rumor I hope.

"Gem Lupin. Just the wolf I was wanting to see." Paige stepped forward, the minions and warriors around her circling Gem Lupin.

Gem only stared at her, hoping that her family and mate made it safely to their destination. She hated how she wasn't present when Hunter told her he loved her. She wanted to wrap her arms around him, but she couldn't.

From one Kill to the next, she had to put in a brave face. Leaving Hunter behind was the hardest thing she had to do, and she had to hid the fact they were mates for years.

"I already know where they're heading, Gem," Paige spoke, making everyone laugh around her. "The real question is, are you going to do something? Anything?"

The smirk on Paige's face scared Gem. What's going on in your head?

"Maybe you were right," Paige continued, "nothing can come between mates, but here I stand already in between you and Hunter."

Gem shook her head, smiling. She stared up against the monster sent from hell or maybe the Moon Goddess herself. "Physically. You are in between us, but not even you could ruin the bond."

Paige snorted, walking towards Gem, who had both arms pulled behind her back. "Have you meet me Gem?" Paige questioned.

"I have.

"You were someone we had hope and faith in. You were supposed the be the key in saving all of us. You were the savoir. Now, your the monster we all fear. You were Hunter's baby sister. You were Sage's best friend. You stood for what you believed in. Paige, you're nothing now."

Paige ignored the gasp coming behind her as she shuddered. Her snarl rippled the air. All was quiet, but the storm was about the approach.

"Is that so?"

"That's how I know you."

Paige smiled, almost human like. She's got it backwards. I was nothing then. Now, I'm everything.

"You're right. I am the savoir. Saving the Earth from these beasts. Gem, lovely Gem, you seemed to be confused," Paige smiled and laughed. "I'm still Paige Kill. I'm still related to them. I'm a fucking Goddess, Gem. I'm the fucking savoir, Gem. I am everything."

Paige grabbed her chin, making Gem's eyes stare at her own. "And you have the pleasure of watching me do it all."

"I won't watch you destroy everything," Gem growled, twisting her arms from the two holding her. They flew off, tumbling away from her.

Paige stared at her. "That's all?"

Gem growled as she watched the Alpha's eyes start to glow. That's unusual. Paige's eyes are always the same color.

"I'll be merciful, Gem. Run." Paige whispered, a pathway started to part for her. "I always loved the hunt. Don't you?"

Gem booked it, running as far and as fast as she could. The longer she's chasing me, the longer it gives everyone else.

Paige watched as she ran away, running blindly. "Kill her when you find her."

Ten wolves ran after her, all having the plan of killing the she-wolf. They all wanted to be the wolf to walk back with a dead body to present to their powerful Alpha.

"Bring me, Celeste."

Paige walked towards the Pack House, recognizing the walls and rooms. She went into the Alpha's office, finding the room messy. Papers were shredded, drawers were empty and locked. The room was destroyed to the point their was nothing to use, nothing was valuable.

"Getting smarter." All the pack houses must be like this. Destroyed and no point of staying.

"Alpha Paige?" Celeste walked in, her eyes widening at the room. "They said you wanted me."

Paige turned around, nodding. Her eyes finding Celeste's.

"Tell me about the Moon Goddess, Celeste Anastasia."