Chapter 59

the monster is not in my face, but in my soul

the creature

Chapter Fifty-Nine:

Not even the rain could wash away the pain, but the pain could wash away the fantasy. After the bullet was lodge into the monster's shoulder, the world inside her head started to fade.

Paige was no longer talking to her parents, as old as she was now. Instead, everything disappeared till she was lost and confused in the woods.

Her face was drained of any blood as she looked at the broken nature around her. What did you do?

The monster ignored her, watching as Gem stopped ten yards from where she sat. She kicked her lips as she heard her heart beat and the blood pump through her veins.

"Paige?" Gem whispered, staying her distance.

The monster slowly transformed back to her human self, almost as if the monster couldn't keep her form with Paige staring back through her eyes.

The monster chuckled, pain rippling from her shoulders. "How many times must I say it?"

Gem growled, "You will keep saying it till I know it's true, till I can't feel Paige's presence." She gripped the monster by the throat, closing the distance quickly. She showed the danger in front of the monster's face, the light blue color reflecting in the moon light.

"Pretty soon," Gem whispered, "Paige can say the same thing about you, and she'll be right."

The monster laughed, shaking her head against the hold Gem has. "You really think you can kill me?"

Gem only smiled back. "Yep." She popped the 'p' against her lips. Her hand twitched, warning the monster what she was about to do.

She cracked her own neck to escape Gem's hold, missing the knife coming through the throat. The monster's head was dangling for a couple seconds before snapping back into place.

Gem grimaced at the crack.

The monster smirked, tangling the she-wolf to the ground. The knife flew from Gem's hands, flying across the clearing.

The monster's claws sighed through Gem's thigh, tearing the strong muscle. Paige pulled it like if it was string cheese.

Gem didn't scream; instead, she twist, escaping the monster's embrace — only to be pulled down again. She was pulled, and each time, away from the blade that gave her hope.

Light Moon would destroy the Dark Moon inside, but only Jo Jo knew what exactly would happened. The group of hunter that found her dead, quickly packed up, taking the sample and heading towards the Moon Goddess' Temple, hoping that they weren't too late.

The monster turned Gem to face her, showing Paige the face of fear. As a claw came down to scratch her throat, the hand was held to the sky, shaking like a leaf. Gem wasn't no time in buckling her hips.

Come on, Paige. You got this.

Almost there.

The monster only flew back a couple feet, a significant distance. Gem took the time and got herself off the ground as fast as she could.

"Haven't you heard never to mess with a Kill?" Gem taunted, sending a kick to the monster's face. She grimaced, hearing the nose break. Luckily, just like the neck, the nose snapped back into place. "Didn't think you have."

The monster only chuckled, fighting a werewolf physically and a hunter mentally. As Gem went to kick her again, she gripped the foot, snapping the ankle. She quickly pounced; using Paige's human teeth, she bit Gem on the ankle, swiftly taking her out.

The monster climbed on top, throwing punch after punch — only because Paige stopped her from using her claws and teeth. The monster's back was straight, not allowing the force of her body to be used in the swing.

Paige even made her miss completely, punching the hard ground. It made her fingers shattered, but seconds later, her hand was healed.

Gem's face was bloodied. Her body couldn't heal itself as the pain was continuously being inflected onto her. She stared up into Paige's face, only a flicker of color in the depths of darkness telling that Paige was fight back.

"Come... on, Paige." She quickly spilled the words out of her mouth, spitting blood out as she spoke. You are stronger than this!

The beating started to take a toll on her body. It was to the point where her eyes started to get very, very heavy.

That's when the smell it her. Hunter had finally arrived. She never realized how fast her and Paige — well the monster — fought. She chuckled, thinking how easily it can be to get them confused. Both of them were powerful, trained, and skilled woman, in the same body no less.

As Hunter reached the clearing, all he saw was red. His eyes burned with hate and anger as he stared at the two women. His own sister beating up his future. Some would say it was the mate bond, others say it was because he no choose his sister over his mate, and other say it was because he finally believed Paige was dead on the inside.

He picked up the danger, swiftly coming to stand directly behind the monster. Paige turned, her one ear hinting that he was standing behind her. She was ready to fight, but she never realized that Hunter held the knife in his hands.

When she turned, Hunter stabbed her. Dark green blood slowly dropped from the wounds, bleeding from her eyes, nose, ear, mouth — it was out of every wound she got from the battle she created, the war she had just lost.

Hunter blinked once, twice, before he fell the ground holding her. The darkness in his little sister eyes, faded away with the green blood.

The body soon started to bleed red, and Paige was thrown forward to the controls of her body.

All she felt was pain. All she could see was her brother crying face. All she could hear was silence behind the flow of her blood.

Even in the silence, no words needed to be spoken. The Kill siblings stared at each other, communicating their last words with their eyes.

It wasn't hard to know what they were taking about. The apologies that came out through their tears. The 'I'm not ready to die' came out in coughs. The hair petting signally to let go, that you're finally free. The smiles for the monster was dead. The final breath to show that the innocent can die of deadly sins. The kiss on the check for 'I love you.'

Paige Kill died that night. Lasting six minutes, thirty-five seconds after the monster perished from Paige's body.

Paige Kill was born on a beautiful, raining November day, the third, in the year of 2367, and she would die on such a memorizing night, where the moon shined bright, on April twentieth, 2382.