Chapter 7

sometimes the world doesn't need another hero...
sometimes what it needs is a monster

Chapter Seven:

Everything was calm. The weather was perfect for the night, cool and dark. Hunter was sprinting through the trees, not knowing his little sister looped around and headed back towards her lab. Sage was a ways behind him, screaming Paige's name into the darken sky.

Paige wouldn't hear them. She already walked to the machine, smiling as the blood mixed. Large air bubbles floated to the top, along with a strange order change. The three different, crimson blood turned into a dark green color.

"A chemical reaction," Paige laughed, locking the door behind her. "Who knew?"

Paige paused to watched her work come together. This is beautiful, amazing. This is the way.

You would kill you're own kind now?

Paige froze, glancing around the room. The voice, feminine and animalistic, had no body to be placed with.

Paige grabbed a knife lying around, "Come out."

Mmm? Not the brightest in the bunch.

Paige snarled, throwing her knife to the right. She grabbed another razor sharp weapon before throwing it to the left.

Stop before you hurt yourself. You're body wasn't ment for this, even if it gives me life, Human.

"A wolf?" Paige murmured, looking down at her forearms. "I haven't entered the new blood though. I only should have the special abilities."

Human, you know nothing of this kind. How are you supposed to know how these things works?

Paige scoffed, ignoring the beast inside her head. She jogged over to the machine watching as the blood poured out into needles and jars at the end.

Not hearing my warning?

"If you must know, you won't be around much longer." Paige whispered, hitting her head with her hands. "Say 'bye-bye,' mutt."

The only thing you will do is destroy your body, Human. Stop this madness!

Paige hummed, picking up the first needle. The dark green blood was ready for injection. Paige faintly heard the wolf misplaced in her head; the silent whimpers faded into the back of her mind as she felt the new blood mix into her crimson one.

She slammed the needle to the ground, the glass shattering. All Paige felt was anger, rage. The only that happened was the annoying wolf disappeared. Not a bad plus, but Paige needed the blood of the vampire and wolf to mix together on hers. It's the only things to wipe the existence of these nasty, terrible, destructive beasts.

Paige sat herself down in a chair, waiting for anything to happened.

"I'm sorry mother, father," Paige cried. Tears formed in her dark raccoon eyes. "They killed you, took you away from Hunter and I."

"Paige!" Hunter yelled through the door. He grabbed the door knob, only finding it locked. "Help me God. Paige, whatever you are doing, you need to stop."

Another sound of footsteps echoed the hallway. "Is she in there?"

Hunter looked at Sage, her checks and nose red from the cold.

"Paige, honey? Are you in there?"

Paige only quickly sniffed, till her senses started to grow. She could hear things, like the bug crawling cross the wall. She could feel her impulses beat faster, her heart quickly following. Her body seemed to become limp to the chair. Her jaw wouldn't move; her voice wouldn't leave her vocal cords.

"Paige!" Sage turned to Hunger, "Get the Council."

I... I won't be the only thing in your mind anymore.

Paige only shook her head, feeling her neck start to tighten. I can't go out like this. I still have to...

Hunter ran into the building, pushing past all the hunters walking through. Many looked at Hunter Kill, wide eyed at his state. He was red from running all night, his face laced with worry and anger at his little sister.

"Hey Kill!" A girl, a red head, waved at him, slightly worried about his state. She quickly sprinted after him. "Everything alright?"

Hunter quickly turned his head, quiet surprised to see his old apprentice running after him. "Gem? How are you?"

Neither of them slowed their pace as they sprinted. "I was more concern about you."

Hunter laughed before quickly motioning Gem to turn on her side. The girl smiled, remembering her training. She was always a quick learning and naturally talented. Many of the other apprentices along with their trainers teased her about being a werewolf.

"It's Paige," he chocked out. "She's gone crazy."

"Anything I can do to help?" Gem asked, bumping her arms with her legs. Hunter suddenly got focus on her as he sprinted.

"Go to her lab and help Sage talk to her."

Gem nodded her head, slightly blushing when she caught sight of his arm, muscle tightening as he ran. She quickly shook the image out of her head and turned around, heading towards Paige.

I will do anything for you, Hunter. I don't know how much longer I can hold back.

Hunter didn't give any respect as he rushed into the room. A full meeting was in place.

"Sir, we have a problem with Paige Kill." Hunter jogged forward, quickly nodding to everyone. "She ran away from the hospital and is now currently in her lab, locked in."

The Head Council, an old man, nodded his head and pointed at some men and women in the crowd. Five of them quickly stood up and came upon Hunter's command.

Hunter nodded to the old man in the high chair before leading five of them to save his sister. He recognized one of them being the key keeper, another being a doctor of some sort, two warriors, and an expert in vampires and werewolves.

• • •

Author's Note:

You have returned to HOW TO MAKE A MONSTER?! Still surprised you are still coming back.

Anyways, I have posted this chapter along with two chapter from THE TIME WILL COME I think in a matter of three days (?).

I lost my banner thing I always put, and I'm too lazy to actually look for it on the internet or copy and paste it from the last chapter. I'll just fix it later.

Don't really know what to say so I'll just end it with the usual rant.

See an error? Message or comment me!

Follow my profil, like my chapter, and share my story.

Drop the mic,

GREEN CROW