Chapter 12

the real world are where the monsters are at

rick riordan

Chapter Twelve:

The sun was shinning down at the group of hunters. They sat near their tents, chatting around the dead fire. They laughed and scream as they mention their stories, their tactics, their want to kill, their need to kill.

Gem sat silently on the rock, hearing foul words being thrown at her kind. She surprised her wolf, telling her it was to save her kind. They needed an inside man — or woman — and they needed them to ride to the top of the chain. Their only hope was to survive long enough till a wolf takes over the hunter society, putting an end to their harsh and evil justice.

"Gem," the woman willed around when she heard him calling her name. She smiled as he wolf puffed out her chest, hoping her mate would notice. "I need to talk to you."

Gem nodded, slowly rising. Her mate was wearing a white t-shirt, and she loves the way it highlighted his muscle. She smile, walking towards the delicious smell.

"What is it? Do you need me to hunt again?" Hunter shook his head, but he loved the way she was always ready.

"I need to demote you." Gem opened her mouth, but not even a whine left her lips. Hunter gave her a pity smile, but that didn't fix the pain starting to go through her body.

Is he rejecting us? Gem nodded her head before fast waking into the woods, the silent cries of her wolf hitting the trees.

"Gem!" He ran after her, catching Paige and Sage's attentions. They quickly followed.

"Gem, get back here!" He called out.

"Stay away," she cried. She clutched her chest.

Sage nearly laughed. Dramatic much?

"Gem," Hunter whisper. He stated to feel the pain in his gut. "I," he yelped. "What's happening?"

Gem spat, "Rejection."

Hunter shook his head, trying to clear the pain. "Rejection?"

Gem nodded her head, sinking to the ground. "You don't want me, do you? I'll always be some apprentice to you."

Paige shook her head. The creatures in her head growling.

Anger binds.

"Fuck Gem," Hunter shook his head. "Get over here."

Gem looked at him. He wants me near him. Slowly the pain started to sub-sighed. She crawled over to him, the pain still ever lasting till he whispers the words in her ears.

Gem wrapped her arms around his neck, bringing her face closer to his. He's so damn, so fucking hot, and he's mine. "Please don't let go," she whimpered. Her wolf struggle to stay in. She loved the idea of having her mate in her arms.

Hunter heard her purr, and he didn't let go as he stared at her funny. "This whole fucking time."

Gem whimpered, "I'm sorry, Hunter. Please."