Chapter 28

our hearts are monsters. that's why are ribs are cages

Chapter Twenty-Eight:

Paige made sure to leave Duran's body in the burning hot sun. The vampire's body was red and burned, making her wince unconsciously. Paige only smirk down at the broken figure.

A large group of vampires stood behind her with a couple of wolves here and there. She looked at Susan, who looked unsure about killing her sister.

Duran started to mumble, her eyes flickering open. She looked around, seeing herself surrounded. She tried to get up, but her wrist were tied into the ground, with small splinters of woods stuck inside the rope.

"Finally," Paige announced, "you're awake." She nodded to Susan, who walked forward. Her knuckles had spikes on them. "Duran has turn her back against her Leader, and refuse to help make this coven stronger. She will be punished by Susan, a loyal vampire."

Duran looked up, seeing her sister standing there. She couldn't read her face or emotions, but she hoped that her sister would stop.

"Susan?" Duran whimpered, "Please don't." She tried to stand up, but she couldn't. She continue to plea. "Susan, I'm your sister. I love you."

There were some gasp and people who had their mouths opened. Everyone knew about the distance relationship between the two. They looked at Paige, seeing her staring down at Susan, waiting for her to make a choice. She would be stupid to choose her sister, but she might need some help.

Paige walked forward, her hands landing on Susan's shoulders. She brought her lips down to her ears. "You always walked in her shadows," she whispered. "Your parents always focused on her, but come with me, Susan. The spot light has been wanting you for a while, and here it is.

"You will finally get the credit you deserve, Susan. You get to make a mark to make your parents proud without your sister."

Susan nodded her head, walking towards Duran. It's my turn now, bitch.

She raised her fist, and threw a punch at Duran. Her sister's face ricocheted from her fist, hitting the ground hard. Susan watched as her sister's eyes snapped open. She could see the fangs descending from her gums, hissing up at her.

Blood trickled from her forehead, her eyes started to water. She actually punched me.

Susan took her other hand, and hit Duran's nose. She could softly hear the deep breaths from behind her, but she could feel Paige's pride through the bond. She kept going.

It wasn't easy. Duran made sure. She wasn't going to let her sister beat her in front of a crowd. She kicked, hitting Susan's shins and making her fall the ground on top of her.

Duran lifted her head, arching her back. She could see the nape of Susan's neck, and went to bit down. Susan moved, feeling the bit on her shoulder. She quickly grabbed Duran's face, ripping the teeth from her skin.

Blood splattered three feet away from them, hitting the tops of Paige's ripped and dirty shoes.

Paige didn't care. She was smiling. This is a show.

Susan wrapped her legs around Duran's waist, squeezing. Duran tied to buck her up, but Susan threw punch after punch at her face.

Duran couldn't see. She could only smell her own blood, and the hate coming from her sister. I don't know what Paige did to you, but "I love you, Susan. I really do," she whispered, coughing up blood.

Susan heard the words; she paused for a second, but she pushed it to the back of her mind. She was going to win.

Paige walked closer, turning around the face everyone watching. "Your loyalty means your life. Traitors will be punished."

Susan stood up, feeling her sister's presence barley there. She walked back, staring next to Paige. Blood dropped down from her shoulder. A large hole of missing skin had puss slithering out of the open wound.

"Leader Paige," Susan whispered, "she is passed out cold."

Paige turned around, staring down at Duran. She walked forward till she reached the body. She kneeled down, her hands trailing the almost dead body. Her hands grabbed her neck, her nails forming claws. She ripped out Duran's larynx, blood blasted everywhere. People jumped back as some people cheered.

Paige stood up. "You will receive the same fate if you do not obey!"

Everyone started to bow, showing their necks. Paige was standing before them all, smiling her hand still holding part of Duran's neck and throat.

"We move tomorrow night! We will make a bigger, stronger, powerful family." Paige screamed, her eyes starting to glow. "I have an Omega in a pack, and we will revisit that bond soon."

The vampires and wolves nodded in agreement, smiling.

"Get out!"

They all scrambled, getting away from Paige. She watched as Susan stayed put, staring down at her dead sister. Tears coming down her face.

"She's really gone," Susan cried.

Paige watched her, walking towards the dead body. She placed her foot on the dead women's chest, cracking her rips. "Susan, who said she was even here?"

Paige walked away, leaving a trail of bloody footprints following her. Susan watched as she walked away, till she collapsed over her sister's body.

"I love you too. I really do, Duran. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." She weeped, and she didn't show herself till it was time to leave the following day. She spent hours with her sister, trying to catch up for the missing time. "I miss you."

Author's Note:

I'm sorry; I really am. I know it's been a while, but here I am, struggling to get back into a rhythm. I'm also sorry about Duran.  I know some of you may not have made a strong connection to Duran, but I did. I hate myself for having her own twin sister kill her.

This is such a strong point in the story, and hopefully, you felt the heart break.

Anyways, going to a more happier note. HOW TO MAKE A MONSTER? placed second in horror in the ACE2020 Awards!

On a desperate note: I need more quotes about monsters! Anyone want to help?

Thanks for reading!

Drop the mic,

GREEN CROW