Chapter 51

inside every person you know, there's a person you don't know

Chapter Fifty-One:

It was similar to the earlier days; the days were Paige was herself, working on her projects with hope for a better future. The windows were closed around her — she couldn't even imagine what the weather was it. It was mysterious how the weather would change for the world; one day, it was raining, pouring down, flooding the Earth. Then, it would be burning hot — almost like the sun was coming closer and closer to the Earth.

All she heard was the tapping of the soft rain. A storm is brewing. Jo Jo sighed as she re-read Paige's notes. There is only so much time before that monster gets what it wants. In the fridge of her small, advanced lab, she pulled out the last couple shots of Dark Moon.

She was beyond excited, for she had just finish calling Sage. The two girls talked about Paige and past events; they truly did miss each other from their past missions.

The only problem was that they both wished their mission was different this time. They wished they were hunting some stupid rogues — not someone who they held fear to themselves.

Jo Jo hasn't see Sage in a long time, and she hasn't seen Paige, or the monster, since they last spoke. It gave her time, and time is all I need.

Like Paige's experiment, Jo's was based off of the science she learned at the Academy. She followed Paige's notes, figuring out how to make the Dark Moon before trying to create an antidote.

The liquid had wolfsbane, a substance dangerous to wolves. Jo could only hope that the idea of a werewolf being able to live without a wolf was true. She even added garlic, effecting weaker and new born of the vampire breed. She noted to keep this away from Sage, understanding her situation. Can't figure out why she would become something she was hunting. Then again, Paige did the exact same thing.

Jo called it Light Moon, Dark Moon's nicer and pleasant cousin. Although, she had no idea if this could even work, but she liked to picture Dark Moon and the monster as a disease, a disease Paige could fight. If this light blue liquid, Light Moon, could weakened the monsters hold, maybe Paige's immune system could fight it.

This had to work; I already called them. Jo Jo started to stuff the liquid into her bag; she took the time to memorize Dark Moon and Light Moon before stuffing the paper neatly into her back pack. She needed to be prepared. After all, this was war.

She quickly left her lab, realizing she had been living in it for a couple of days now. Work can really make time fast some times. It's a blessing and a curse.

She fast walk through the hallways, hoping not to have to chit chat with anyone. She knew that wouldn't happened. Her eyes caught Paige's, and she could fully see the smirk with her own human eyes.

"Jo, lovely to see you again." Paige sounded like she was purring, clearly proud of herself. "I would love to see what you have in your small bag. Scientist to scientist."

Jo only smiled, bitting her inner cheeks. It was hard to resist the temptation of sharing, especially to someone in Paige's body.

Even with the different ages, Paige and Jo Jo were seen together at the Academy many times. The joy of their science bringing them together. Although, Paige decided to focus more in field work, the two women studied together. It was common for them to look over each other's work.

The monster seemed to understand that, and was using it to her advantage. Fuck you.

"Actually, I need to take this to the Council, Paige." Jo left, brushing her shoulder with Paige's, her hand holding a death grip on her bag. "Stupid hybrid mutt."

Jo left the building as fast as she could, not bothering what anyone else thought. She hopped into her car, pulling away and leaving the safety of the town. Her hear ached about leaving Paige alone with herself, but she'll be fine, Paige is the strongest woman I have ever seen.

Her car speeded down the road, creating distance between Paige and herself. Jo Jo couldn't help it; she wanted to turn back. She couldn't abandon her family like that. Some hunters, she could admit, were killers and only cared for themselves, but she wasn't like that- neither were Hunter, Sage, and Paige.

In all honesty, Jo Jo wasn't paying a lot of attention to the road, and her car jumped over something. That sure in hell wasn't a speed bump.

She quickly pulled to a stop, and her eyes widen at the sight. A woman, a human woman was crushed. Her back was broken, her legs limped, her arms lying there, her face dug into the ground. What was she doing out in the middle of the road?

Jo Jo panicked, but she went to check the girl. She grimaced at the sight, for she hasn't been on the field in so long. She forgot hot bodies bleed in war. "I'm so sorry," she whispered, looking around for anyone. She actually has never ran over someone before, and if she did, she probably never realized it.

"You should be," the voice crackled and the body started to shake. The her back inflated itself, her arms pushed her up as her limos cane back together. The face turned, and Jo Jo was staring right at Paige. A large smile covered her face. "You hunters truly need me to get rid on these beasts."

She gripped Jo Jo's throat, lifting her up to the sky as she rosed from the ground. "I don't know what you are doing with that little chemistry project, but I really don't like it when you make mine."

Jo Jo's face started to turn pale. Her breathing getting harder. Paige wasn't squeezing too hard, yet, but she will get there. It was only a matter of time.

"Now, are you going to be a good pathetic human?" She mused, her eyes dangerously staring at Jo Jo.

God, her eyes can give fucking threats. Jo Jo shook her head; her arms attacking the fingers that slowly started to squeeze.

"Let's not be like this, Jo. Let's give Paige a happy memory."

Paige's hand started to squeeze, taking the air right from Jo Jo's lungs. Her pale face started to turn blue. Her heart beat increased in fear before it stopped, a straight line. For good measures and just to make herself happy, Paige snapped her neck, and inside her mind, she could her the crack echoing.

I'm... I'm sorry, Jo... For the first time, the monsters appearance started to cry, and it was all based off the true Paige's pain.