Chapter 26

you're going to have to fight constant monsters

paulie malignaggi

Chapter Twenty-Six:

The sun rays harden at the pale skin of vampires as they snuck through the trees. Susan kept her eyes wondering around, making sure nobody was following them. Duran stared at her sister, wondering if she was going to talk to her. Susan never came out of her way to see her sister, but in the beginning, Duran tried. She got pushed away.

Klaudia, a vampire woman, was acting as Susan right hand man. Her narrow eyes stared at the trees above, seeing the sun lights fall through them.

Klaudia's type of vampire stayed in the dark, and hated the sun's powerful rays. She knew she should have stayed inside today, but she wanted to see this hybrid woman, Paige Kill. Of course, she heard of Paige Kill: a strong, power werewolf hunter who hunted vampires from time to time, was strongly known across the world. She wanted to see her, and if she trusted this creature, she would give her loyalties. Susan better be fucking right about this woman.

Egor stared at Duran. He liked how her body carried strength. Her curves softly hidden under her work clothes. His body was already preparing him for his ideas. He was one of the more sexual vampires. He wanted a lot of things, but knowing he worked at a human organization, a human hunter organization, he had to put some of his culture behind him.

Susan and Duran were mixed. Susan was more focused with shedding. Her fangs coming in stronger, pushing out the old like the adult pushing the baby tooth out. As she grew, this was apart of her culture, but shedding a tooth forcefully is a cursed, a punishment.

Duran was a little more sexual than shedding. She typical did shed a fang here or there, but it was far more painful than it should be.

"Are we almost there?" Egor growled, hating the game of being patient.

Susan snapped back, her fangs almost bitting his nose. She moved quick and fast with purpose and her eyes held the sparkle of killing. "She won't like that attitude when we get there, which will be very soon, Egor."

Egor glared at her, but made no move to attack back. She was already stronger than they were, but it's because she had already meet this Leader.

Susan turned to stare at the other two women beside her. "She doesn't take things lightly, you know."

Duran stared at her sister, slightly concern of the change her sister had made with the woman they meet. Paige Kill isn't as amazing as she seems. Forcing me to do shit. That is pathetic. A Leader can't be scared to get her hands dirty.

"I suggest you get ready. She's here." Susan laughed, kneeling to the ground. Some vampires are more servants to others. Egor stared at Susan shaking his head, Klaudia sniffed a giggle, and Duran looked ready to pull her sister back to her feet.

They were all thinking the same think: no Leader should have this much power.

Paige Kill walked through the trees, staring down at Susan's bowing form. She paid no attention, but flicked her hand up, making Susan jump to her feet.

"Leader Kill, I brought three vampires who have pledge their loyalties through me." Susan smiled, a proud smirk on her face.

Paige only nodded, staring at Duran. "How many?"

Duran looked to the ground, trying to hid her weakness. She only had seventeen newly turned vampires, and she knew Paige wasn't merciful.

"Don't make me ask again!" Paige growled, snarling and baring her teeth. People need to learn respect and follow orders.

"Seventeen, Paige," Duran answered, standing her ground. She knew she wouldn't win, but maybe the strength she showed will help her in the future. "I usually work on paper work then turn crazy humans."

Paige raised an eyebrow. She liked the resistance. It showed character, and she knew out of the four vampires, Duran was the strongest. She needs to be the one to create them.

"I said to have forty."

"You gave me three days."

Susan coward behind Paige. For the first time in years, she was scared for her sister.

Paige smirked, "I'll give you three more days. You can leave." Paige turned to the other two. "I want you two to create a system."

Egor stepped forward. "How do we know you won't kill us after we helped?"

Paige frowned, marching forward. "We both want change. I need you as much as you need me."

"We don't need you," Klaudia whispered.

Paige laughed, her head falling back and her voice echoing through the trees. She grabbed both of them by the collar. Her smirk widening at the smell of their fear. "Then why are you here?"

They both were silent, never coming with a comeback to say.

"Exactly," she growled dropping them. She sent a swift kick into each of their guts. "Failures," she mumbled, "they're everywhere."

She left them, breathy heavily, and waiting for their ribs to heal. Susan gave Paige a nod and a small bow before she went to help the other two.

"I told you. She's not one to play. I'm surprise she left my sister alone." She whispered, her fangs coming out. "You shouldn't do that again. You need her much more than she needs you."

Author's Note:

An early Christmas present! Hope you are all excited for the holiday season!

Drop the mic,

GREEN CROW