(3.53) Consequences

Jumping to her feet, Eden's eyes moved around the room as she took in the sight of the people surrounding her. Once again, she was back at the compound and this time she was in the ballroom. Around her stood Freya, Marcel, Klaus and Dahlia. Looking around the room, she saw that the compound was covered in dahlias and that Klaus was holding the White Oak Stake in his hand. 

"Eden!" Klaus' voice echoed behind the young hybrid, and she wasted no time in joining Freya and Klaus as they faced Dahlia. 

"I'm almost impressed with the lengths you would go through to save your little girl." Dahlia commended. Despite the complete hunger and the weakness that was ripping through Eden's body, she stood straight and squared her shoulders. 

Dahlia shrugged. "Though not enough to let bygones be." Holding a hand up she summoned the stake to her as it flew across the room into her hands. Tense, Eden took a step closer to Klaus. She wouldn't let Dahlia kill her husband not only for him but because she knew that so many people that she cared about were linked to him also. Marcel, Caroline, Elena and even the Salvatore brothers and Tyler would all perish if Klaus died. Even she herself would as the two of them were still linked and Eden refused to leave her daughter without parents.

"We are still linked, dear aunt. You may not want to punish me with that particular weapon." Klaus said, a smug smile on his face as he slid out of Freya's arms and came to stand in the middle of the room. 

Dahlia hummed. "I made sure that the link between us melted along with that dagger." She told him and Eden saw the smile drop from his face. "Meaning..I'm quite free to kill you." The witch pointed the stake in Klaus' direction as she pulled him forward. Reacting, both Eden and Marcel raced forward to throw Klaus off the course and sent the three tumbling to the ground. Groaning slightly, Eden scrambled to her feet as she looked around the room. 

"Where's Freya?" Eden asked, searching the room for any sign of either witches. A cry from above her snapped her attention away from this and before she knew it Eden found herself up in the nursery. Horrified, Eden looked around the room and saw that the nursery had been surrounded by the same vines that were downstairs. 

"Come here." Eden whispered to her daughter, pulling her from the crib as she held her. Smelling blood, Eden examined Haven to find that there was a small pinprick on her baby's fist.

"Why didn't she take Haven?" Marcel asked from behind the brunette. Eden hadn't known that they followed her up there but as Klaus pulled Haven's hand away from her mouth he looked between his adoptive son and wife. 

"Because all she needed was a drop of her blood. Unfortunately I have no idea where the vile harpy has fled to." Eden pushed Klaus' hand away as she tried to comfort her daughter despite the stress that she was sensing from the three adults around her. 

"Alright go. Get Haven somewhere safe while I track down your witch." Marcel instructed. Eden nodded her head, not wasting anymore time as she fled from the room with her child in her arms. 

* * *

Contrary to what Eden wanted, she found herself back in Algiers with Klaus and Haven. They stationed themselves at St. James as it still held some of the blessing that Josephine had placed on it before her death. In the other room was Elijah and Esther and Eden knew that if she went into the room that she might be the reason that the plan failed. Esther had left unanswered questions at the time of her death and though Eden wanted nothing more than to find out the answers, Esther might piss her off enough to be the breaking point in Eden's rage. 

"How is she sleeping through this?" Eden whispered, more to herself than her husband. Nevertheless she was greeted with an answer. 

"You fed her, you changed her, and you fed her again before rocking her to sleep. It would be more surprising if she wasn't asleep." Klaus assured her, putting a hand on her shoulder. The couple stared down at their daughter silently for a few beats. Neither of them wanted to say what they were thinking or show how worried they had actually been about failing but the thought was there.