(3.49) The Great Debate

"Don't tell me to calm down!" Eden yelled as she stepped through the doorway with Elijah and Jupiter in tow. "Of course I tried calling you Elijah. I tried calling the both of you. But seeing as Dahlia was able to take down both Nik and Mikael, a simple cell tower doesn't seem very hard."

"And where were the wolves who stood guard?" Elijah asked.

"Being brutally murdered. Jackson and Hayley lost four guys due to her little visit. And they're going to love that more of their wolves are dead." Eden answered.

"That's it. You're coming with me to the compound." Klaus announced, stepping into the room.

"Where Dahlia sent Josephine just this morning? No way, We'd be sitting ducks there just like we are here as soon as that spell breaks." Jupiter cut in. Klaus turned his attention to the witch as his face went still.

"And where were you while this vile woman was threatening my child." He asked her.

"Dahlia knocked her and the others out, it's a miracle that she didn't kill them." Eden explained before Jupiter could say anything.

"I'd consider it more of a pity." Klaus responded, earning a scathing look from the redhead. Eden sent Klaus a glare and knocked on the wood to gain everyone's attention.

"Can you two knock it off for five minutes. There's nowhere we would be able to go that Dahlia wouldn't find us. So maybe it might be best if we left." Eden said. Jupiter raised an eyebrow while Klaus crossed his arms together.

"And where exactly do you plan on running off to?" He asked. Eden shrugged her shoulders, putting her hands on her hips.

"I don't know. But right now getting out of this city to regroup might be the best possible strategy. There's got to be some safe house we can use until we know we can defeat her." Eden reasoned.

"No. By trying to run we would be playing right into Dahlia's hand. While the rest of you have been kowtowing to Freya and devising ways to flee with your tail between your legs I've been forging a new path. I know what Freya was planning, I know how to kill Dahlia." Eden threw her arms out.

"Well by all means, Niklaus. Please, enlighten us." Eden said, her patience wearing thin.

"Freya objected to us making a single weapon because it spoiled her plan." Klaus began.

"Klaus!" A deep voice screamed abruptly, startling the trio. Eden raised an eyebrow, almost sure that she knew who the voice belonged to.

"That sounds like Jackson." Eden whispered. Sure enough, the first person that Eden saw come through the door was Jackson, shortly followed after Hayley and Jana. Jackson seemed to be lugging in what Eden assumed was a duffel bag, but upon closer examination, she saw that it was Aiden. And upon further examination, Eden noticed the slightly rotting smell that she had learned to associate with that of decomposing bodies.

"What happened?" Eden asked the Alphas, walking forward as she watched Jackson lay out the corpse of his younger brother on the table in the next room.

"Klaus made Aiden spy on us." Jackson told Eden. The female hybrid mouth parted slightly, clearly caught off-guard by the statement.

"But he told us everything. So that bastard killed him." Hayley growled out, her eyes trained on Klaus. Eden examined the wolf man lying on the table. As the group around her spoke, Eden looked at Aiden's face.

Nasty gashes cut open his face from forehead to chin, and a second set cut from his ear to the bottom of his neck. It would be an odd thing for Klaus to do, Eden thought. Even though she was royally pissed that Klaus had used Aiden as a spy, she couldn't recall a time where she felt that he was angry enough to mar the man's face.