(3.37) The Dress

"Eden if you don't stop squirming we won't be able to put it on." Jana moaned to her cousin as she and Jupiter tried to fit Eden into her wedding dress.

"Maybe if I could see then I wouldn't need to squirm." Eden snapped into the direction that she thought Jana's voice was coming from. Eden had been blindfolded in an attempt by her cousin to make sure that Eden didn't get a peak at the dress. The last thing she had seen was Marie and Selena fitting Haven for the dress that Jana bought her. Just from what she was able to feel alone, the dress had full sleeves and the dress buttoned up in the back. Eden was nervous, especially because she had always pictured her wedding dress being a strapless one.

"Jupiter go grab the flowers." She heard Jana demand. Eden was then spun around and she felt a pair of hands take her own.

"Eden I'm going to take the blindfold off because it's time to put your veil on. Promise me you'll keep your eyes closed until I give you the go ahead." Jana said to her cousin in a low voice. Eden nodded her head, looking off into the direction Jana's voice was coming from. Slowly she felt the blindfold come off her face and though she wanted to open her eyes very badly, she kept them closed as the vampire had asked from her.

"Lift your foot prima." She heard Jana say from below her. Eden complied, and lifted her leg as she felt Jana's hand guide her into her shoes. The shoes weren't too high; if Eden had to guess, they couldn't have been more than four inches. After she had both shoes comfortably on her feet she felt Jana messing around with her hair.

"I'm putting your veil on and Jupiter is about to hand you your bouquet." Jana told Eden from her left. Eden stuck her hands out to take the flowers from Jupiter, and felt the witch's hands closing around her own hands as Eden felt the cool stems brushing against her thumbs.

"Oh Eden." She heard her mother breath out from somewhere behind her.

"Alright Eden, you can open your eyes." She heard Jana say. Taking a deep breath, she opened her eyes and as the light of the room came into focus she was able to see her wedding dress.

Never in Eden's entire life did she think that this was going to be the dress that she would marry in. Eden did not fathom the imagination to think up something that was this beautiful. She had been right about the gown being long-sleeved. It was a nice opaque pale grey color that danced with the flowers and vines that entangled themselves in the most elegant way. The grey got slightly more corporeal the further down the dress it got until it landed at Eden's feet, pooling on the floor around her. The dress cinched at her waist and flowed out just slightly so that it didn't look like it was swallowing her and all along the dress followed the same designs as they did on the arms. It was the most beautiful dress that Eden had ever laid eyes on, and thanks to Jana she was going to get married in it.

"Eden?" Jana spoke in a small voice when she heard nothing from the hybrid in question. Eden said nothing; she was too busy taking in the sight of the woman in the mirror. This was not the Eden Greer that had gotten out of bed this morning. No, standing in the mirror was the soon to be wife of one of the oldest creatures in existence. She wanted nothing more than to be this woman forever and became extremely alarmed at the sight of the woman in the mirror crying.

"Eden? Eden please tell me you like it. I can't let you wear something you don't like and if we hurry I could change you into the backup dress." Jana explained hurriedly. Startled, Eden remembered that her cousin did not know how she felt.

"I'm sorry, I'm just speechless." Eden told her cousin. Jana cocked her head slightly.

"Speechless in a good way right?" Jana asked, and Eden nodded her head.

"I look amazing.." Eden gushed, more tears streaming down her face. Jana released a breath, smiling at Eden.

"You love it?" She asked her, and Eden nodded. Jana had completely outdone herself and Eden honestly wasn't even sure she would be able to process the tears if the rest of the wedding was going to be this beautiful.