(3.45) Finders Keepers

"So basically what I'm being told is that we've made zero progress in getting Eva, and she now has a sidekick to help her?" Eden asked Marcel as she slung Haven onto her hip in Klaus' study.

"The charming Vincent Griffith." Elijah said quietly as his back faced the rest of the room.

"It gets worse. If Eva has Davina then that means that she has eight of the witches she needs to complete the ritual. She just needs one more." Eden stepped forward, her eyes staring directly into Elijah's.

"Elijah, if she comes after Haven then I will put her down. Rebekah or not." She warned him.

"Fortify this house. When they do come, kill him. Capture her." Elijah told Eden and Eden stopped him.

"Capture her? And put her where?" She asked the vampire.

"I will not abandon my sister." Elijah stated, his voice stern.

"And I'm not asking you to. But where exactly are we going to keep her?" Eden asked.

"Gather the wolves that you have left. With Vincent at her side she will strike with considerable force." Elijah instructed of the hybrid. With a huff, Eden turned and left from the room. As she walked down the hall she tried unsuccessfully to call Klaus for the third time. He had been sending her to voicemail the whole time and Eden was growing annoyed. What exactly what he doing that he could not answer her call?

Realizing that Marcel and Elijah were going to be her only backup. Eden squared her shoulders and instructed one of the wolves that had been hanging out in the courtyard to follow her. As she walked up the stairs to put Haven into her nursery, Eden began to think of how she was going to station the wolves so that they were covering every exit, and so that they wouldn't be cut off from the others.

"Stay here until I can send someone to cover you." Eden instructed of the wolf.

"As long as you don't send Landon I don't care who you send." He said, though Eden knew that's exactly who she had been planning on sending. As she retreated downstairs she found Elijah standing in the courtyard.

"Where did everyone go?" Eden asked and Elijah waved his hand around dismissively.

"They've been given their assignments." Eden scowled at hr brother-in-law.

"Hayley sent these wolves here for Haven and I, they aren't just pawns for you and your brother." Eden bit out, but Elijah said nothing in return.

Quietly, they waited. Five minutes became ten minutes and ten minutes turned into thirty and while they waited, Eden had time to think. If Klaus was not answering his phone then that meant that he was somewhere that he did not want Eden to be and seeing as there were only a limited amount of places that was, Eden assumed he was also probably causing trouble wherever he was. That also meant that he was probably with-

"No sign of her yet?" Came Jupiter's voice after about an hour into their wait. Eden looked up from the floor and saw her friend walking in through the front door as she looked around wearily.

"Nothing." Eden responded. "What the hell is she waiting for?" Eden asked Elijah who Eden saw was now accompanied by Gia. Wordlessly, Jupiter and Eden exchanged a look and though Eden wanted to say more, she knew it would be better to wait and ask her cousin later.

"She didn't wait. She took Josephine LaRue not half and hour ago." Marcel informed him as he came through the compound doors. Eden turned her gaze to Elijah.

"If Eva doesn't need Haven then where would she go?"

"The same place that she kept those other captives, where she took Davina." Marcel theorized.