(3.22) Wishes

"I can't say I'm eager to intrude on this lovely sight." Eden said as she stood a few feet in front of the dining room table where Klaus sat, cooing at Haven while she stood on his lap. Klaus glanced briefly at Eden before returning back to make a face at his daughter.

"I'm here to make a trade." Eden said with a smile, holding the pen and pad up for the Mikaelson to see.

"I'm holding a small child Eden, the silly wish game will have to wait." Klaus told the brunette, though Eden only held her arms out.

"Fine. You write, I'll hold." She compromised, though Klaus made no move to hand over Haven.

"You do realize that I will not be the type of husband that you can boss around?" Eden smirked, examining the ring on her left finger.

"Funny." She deadpanned. "You do realize that I had to not only endure a horrendous labor but actual death to birth the child that you're so stubbornly holding?" Klaus rolled his eyes playfully, but with a sigh he handed Haven over to her mother while he pulled the pad to him.

"You better not write anything stupid on there either Niklaus, because I'll know." Eden called to him as she retreated from out of the house and into the front yard where Jupiter was standing, a small piece of paper in her pale hand.

"Already got your wish written down?" Eden asked Jupiter as placed Haven on her hip. Jupiter looked down at the paper and then back up again.

"Believe it or not, it took me twenty minutes to come up with something for this stupid bonfire." Eden frowned.

"Hey, it's Haven's first bonfire." She reminded Jupiter. The redhead sent Eden an apologetic look before turning her eyes to the baby where she poked her belly and earned a small laugh from the youngest Mikaelson.

"I know that not everyone is excited to do this, but with the way that our year has been going, a little luck couldn't hurt, even if it only for show." Eden explained.

"And what did you wish for?" Jupiter asked. Eden let out a breath, hesitating in her answer.

"Luck." She stated simply. Which in it's simplest form was true. In its complexity however, Eden had technically wished that she would be able to protect anything that threatened to harm her family. Whether it be the family that she was born into, the family that she was marrying into, or even the family that she had that wasn't actually her family.

"Luck seems to be something that we all could use a bit of." Elijah said from behind the two women as him and Klaus walked up to them. Pressing a comforting hand on Eden's shoulder, Klaus walked past the other two as he brought out a box of matches. Taking a few steps back so that Haven wasn't close to the flames, Eden watched as Klaus lit a match and threw it into the pile and it caught fire. Once the flame was successfully lit, Eden turned to Haven, cooing at the baby in delight as Haven reached toward the bright flames.

"Hey, look what I found!" Rebekah called out to the group proudly as she shook a Polaroid camera in the air.

"Oh bloody hell." Klaus grumbled, turning his back to everyone while Eden snickered.

"Come on, let's try. Hey Nik, do you think you can cram us into a selfie?" Rebekah asked as she examined the camera to make sure that it still worked.

"Honey, Klaus is the virtuoso of cramming his siblings into combined spaces." Elijah teased, gaining another laugh from Eden and a smirk from Jupiter as the two women walked forward to stand with the Mikaelson siblings.

"I'm so glad I traveled hundreds of miles to visit my mentally-ill brother only to have him insult me to my face." Klaus muttered, feigning hurt.

"Oh come on, just take the picture." Rebekah rushed. Klaus held the camera up and Eden squeezed herself between Rebekah and Klaus while Jupiter stood on the end next to Elijah.