(3.29) Bickering

"Well that is just not my chin, Nik." Eden heard from Rebekah as she stood next to her. Eden rolled her eyes slightly. Leave it to Rebekah to be just as vapid in her new body as she was her old.

"What's wrong with your chin Rebekah?" Eden asked her, turning her head to look at the much different version of Rebekah than the one in the painting. She scrunched her nose up slightly.

"It was much more delicate." She remarked quietly, though more to herself than to her audience.

"The only delicate thing about you sister, is your ego." Klaus mused back.

"Placed beside the behemoth size of yours, certainly." Eden snorted, and Klaus' eyes snapped to her. The two were still in a very delicate spot. When Eden had returned home from Arkansas after the ceremony, Klaus was at the compound already, waiting for her. The two had argued more about what they felt was right and neither of them had really bowed out to the other so for the moment Eden thought they were just waiting for the other one's plans to fail.

Klaus had certainly not been exactly tender with Eden these last few nights. For the most part, he was absent when Eden went to bed, and absent when she awoke. The young hybrid knew her fiance was still sleeping in the bed with her, but she also knew that Klaus had been steering clear of any potential arguments that they might have. While they both agreed that, yes, they would still marry, the topic itself wasn't present in the compound.

"Could we dispense with this fascinating dispute for a moment and return to the subject of our supposed lost sister?" Came Elijah's voice from the small phone that sat atop of books on the table. Rebekah had come to them with a warning that Freya Mikaelson was in fact, very much alive and very much roaming the streets of New Orleans. Eden was weary; she had no idea of what this Mikaelson wanted in regards to her baby. Half of the family wanted Haven dead, and the other half was doing all they could to keep her safe.

"There's not much to discuss Elijah. Said she was Freya and then darted off into the night." Rebekah shrugged.

"And you believed her?" Elijah questioned over the phone.

"I met the girl in a mystical loony bin. She could be anyone, telling any lie." Eden crossed her arms together.

"What's worse is that she could be telling the truth." Eden said, her voice low. "As many supernatural, unbelievable things that have happened in New Orleans, is it really so impossible to believe that she might be telling that truth?" Eden questioned the group.

"She did seem familiar, somehow." Rebekah admitted, looking between Klaus and Eden.

"How is she still alive then?" Klaus quizzed, and then turned away in obvious annoyance. "A question as ridiculous as its possible solutions given this family's annoying predilection for cheating death." He had a point there.

"I don't know Nik. I'm just telling you what happened." Rebekah defended.

"Did you happen to ask if by some similar miracle, our Aunt Dahlia is alive as well?" Klaus asked her. The thought hadn't even occurred to Eden that somehow, both of the women had survived the test of time.

"I barely had a chance to-" Klaus stopped her.

"Because on the list of obvious questions, it'd be nice to know if the woman who placed a curse on the first-borns in this family is still breathing air." Klaus growled at his younger sister.

"Well let me turn back time and do it to your liking." Rebekah snapped back. Eden rolled her eyes; the more they screamed at each other, the more Eden wished that she had stayed in Arkansas with Haven.

"Enough." Elijah scolded. "Both of you. If she is who she says, well find out soon enough. For now it remains imperative no one learns of Haven's existence." Klaus gave a humorless smile.