(3.40) Waiting

Warning: Fluff and Smut.

Twilight had settled over the compound and the sky was now dancing with the brightest of stars as Eden Mikaelson decided to slip away from her dying reception party. The last of the stragglers were conversing with either Klaus or each other and Eden knew that she might not be searched for if she left now. She opted to have Caroline, Matt, and Jeremy join her on her escape and led them into Haven's nursery as the baby slept. Jana looked at Eden with a small smile as she saw her cousin come to the door.

"It was only a matter of time before you found your way here." Jana said, standing back so that Eden could peer down into the crib.

"Go back to the party Jana, I've got it from here." Eden said, hugging Jana before she watched the older Martinez slip from the room.

"Eden, she's beautiful." Caroline commented, smiling up at the hybrid.

Eden nodded. "Yeah, I don't know how I got so lucky." She answered honestly as she watched Matt reach down and stroke the baby's hand with his finger softly.

"When did you have her?" Caroline asked, her eyes going back to the baby.

"In the spring, but it feels like it just happened." Eden admitted. With her child only finally returning to her, Eden felt as though she was just now getting the chances to enjoy motherhood.

"Why didn't you send us any pics E? She looks just like you." Jeremy asked, settled a foot from the crib himself. Eden knew that Jeremy wasn't exactly fond of children so it didn't surprise her that he didn't want to touch her.

Eden hesitated, biting her lip anxiously. "To be honest, we've only just recently gotten her back." Caroline raised a blonde eyebrow to her friend.

"What do you mean?" She asked and Eden shrugged her shoulders.

"Klaus has a bit of history in this city and it caused a bit of a problem when people found out that I was pregnant." Matt scoffed.

"Why am I not surprised Klaus has pissed off people everywhere he goes." He deadpanned. The former quarterback then turned to Eden.

"Do you ever miss being back in Mystic Falls? Being human?" Matt questioned. Eden knew that this questioned would be asked eventually. She knew that her Mystic Falls wanted her back but Eden knew that regardless of the way the town made her feel, she would never be able to go back and be as happy as she would be here.

"I don't really think much about being human anymore. Haven was born right at the start of my supernatural life and since then, I have never wanted to go back to a time where she didn't exist. She's honestly the best thing that has ever happened to me." Eden answered honestly. There was a small silence in the room before Jeremy spoke up.

"E, I really wish that we could stay but it's getting dark and we've got to get back in town by tomorrow morning." Eden frowned but knew that it was going to happen eventually.

"Once Haven is more settled in, I think I'll make a trip back there to visit. After all I want everyone to have the chance to meet her." Eden told the group as she gave each of them a hug.

"I'll text you when we make it back to town." Caroline promised her as they moved toward the door. Once they were gone, Eden let out a long sigh. She truly did miss her friends but this was where she belonged whether they wanted to admit it or not.

Shutting the door to her daughter's room, Eden stepped inside her own room. She was inside for the night; her feet were killing her and the party had definitely worn her out. She sat at her vanity and leaned down to pull her shoes off, sighing when her feet touched the cool wooden floors. She then sat up and began slowly pulling the pins out of her hair until it all finally spilled down her shoulders.