(3.18) The Breakfast Club

"We arrive into this world as innocents. Wide-eyed, vulnerable. It is the job of our parents to nurture and protect us. Unfortunately, our own parents failed miserably at even the most basic of parental tasks. But we are not beholden to the past they created for us. Today, a new future awaits." Klaus announced as the Mikaelson brothers and Eden sat at the table for breakfast the next morning. Eden had only just arrived to the breakfast, her hand holding a glass of her Aunt Marie's famous "orange juice" and a bit of a cavalier attitude about the fact that she'd played a role in the kidnapping of Finn and Kol Mikaelson.

"Forget your animosity toward Elijah and myself. Instead, join us against she who truly deserves your ire. Our mother." Eden glanced toward the men, watching as Finn looked as though he'd rather be anywhere but here and Kol as though he couldn't quite decide on what Klaus was saying. "Do this and we will welcome you with open arms." Klaus continued.

Kol shrugged. "Well.." He reached over for the platter of beignets and Elijah pulled the tray away while Eden stuck a knife in the spot that the plate had just been in.

"But if you continue to oppose us, a denial of pastries will be the least of your concerns." Klaus concluded.

"If all you wanted was my allegiances against mother dearest, you should've just said so. Saved me a night shackled to the wall having to listen to your bride to be screech like a bat out of hell." Eden pouted playfully, sitting her glass down and leaning against the table.

"It was entirely your brother's idea that we move so close to the two of you. Sorry to be an annoyance but it seems as though your brother thought it would be a bit of fun to not only torture the two of you last night." Klaus chuckled softly reaching under the table with one hand to pinch her thigh gently.

"Be that as it may, this was Niklaus' idea." Elijah interrupted, gaining attention of the room. "My recommendation was to remove your limbs one by one until you comply." Klaus laughed again, this time standing up from his seat at the table to move around and stand behind Kol and Finn.

"We've no desire to torture you...provided you vow to stand beside us as brothers." Finn hummed and Eden rolled her eyes, knowing what was going to come next.

"Brothers. Does that word even apply to us after all these centuries of betrayal? And is loyalty to you ever really rewarded?"

"I'd like to think so." Eden piped in before Klaus could speak. "Niklaus has promised me that in being his bride to be, I get to slaughter whichever of you doesn't comply, and to me that's a reward in itself." She held her glass up as though cheering to Finn before taking another drink.

"Oh please, if you think by marrying my brother you are being rewarded then you are as delusional as him." Finn spit out before turning to Klaus. "Now tell me Niklaus, where is our sister Rebekah?" At the sound of Rebekah's name, Eden sat her glass down.

"She was blindly loyal to you for a thousand years and now nowhere to be found." Finn paused. "Where did our sister go?" He questioned. Eden stiffened, looking to her fiancée, only to find that his back was to her. "And how did she escape your vile machinations?" Klaus scoffed then smiled.

"You think me vile? Well, what then do you make of the one who cursed us?" He asked.

"She was trying to make your mortal again. That you've both refused her, only proves how far you've fallen. But I expect Rebekah will have a different response to her proposal." Finn mused. "See unlike the two of you, Rebekah always did cling to her humanity."

"You will not go after Rebekah." Eden spoke up, turning to glare at Finn. "If I find out that you attempted to locate her I will personally see to it that-" Klaus put a hand over Eden's.

"Do not let him goad you, Eden. Neither he or Esther will find Rebekah unless she wants to be found." He turned to Finn. "And she does not." Finn shrugged.

"Esther is quite determined. She's been searching for Rebekah since the day she returned. I imagine it's only a matter of time." In a sudden move, Elijah (who had been uncharacteristically quiet for the most part) pulled Finn over the table and bit into his neck. Eden jumped back slightly, eager to get out of the way of an angry Elijah, although before he could really dig into his older brother, Klaus pulled Elijah away from Finn and out of the room.

"Oh great, you've ruined my table cloth." Eden complained as she walked toward Finn and continued to pull him around the table and then to stand on his feet. The two stood toe to toe for a moment, eyeing each other distastefully before Eden reached up and ran a finger over his leaking wound and then sticking it into her mouth. She let her tongue roll around her finger, tasting the blood and then making a face.

"How is it that even your blood drips of boredom and blandness?" She questioned, turning away from him and retrieving her drink from the table and taking another sip. Eden knew that she wasn't as invested into today's events as she should be, but something kept edging in the corner of her mind and she couldn't put her finger on what it was.

"You know I've been asking my mother if I could be the one who put the stake in Niklaus' heart when it was time for him to die." Finn drawled out, "But now, I would happily trade that in if it meant that I got to put it through yours." Eden smirked, turning around to meet his gaze as her eyes glowed a bright golden color.

"You wanna try?" She tested, sitting her drink down as Finn held his wrists up to her, showcasing the cuffs that Cami had put on him. "Take these cuffs off me and we'll see who the last one laughing will be." Before Eden could consider taking him up on that offer, the door burst open and Klaus came through it, this time accompanied by Marcel.

"Gentlemen, I apologize for keeping you waiting. Good news is I've returned with an old friend, someone who wants to say hello." Marcel smiled at the two witches and Finn put his head down in defeat.

"Hello." Marcel announced. "How's it going fellas?"

"Oh you again." Kol noted quietly. "You ever get bored of being bullied by my brother?" Marcel laughed. "Oh, I signed up for this. First, you go after Davina. Now, I hear you wanna drag Rebekah into all of this. Uh-uh, not happening."

"I'd prefer you both to join me against our mother. But I'll happily settle for one or the other. Either way, if you continue to defy me, your lives will be reduced to an unending sequence of agonizing torture. So, which is it to be?"

"I'd have to say, I don't quite agree with my betrothed." Eden said, walking over to stand beside him. "I'd much rather the two of you both decided not to talk because the moment we find a way to lock the two of you in these bodies, you won't have to worry about Klaus or Marcel being the one to torture you." Klaus smirked down at his girl, it was easy to tell that he was almost proud of the way she was speaking.

"You'll have to worry about me, and trust me when I say that I have a lot of built up anger that I need to let out." Her eyes glowed golden and for a moment, Eden felt the animal inside of her purring in content.