(3.44) Headmistress

Staring at her laptop, Eden's watched the cursor blink at her smugly as she stared at the white background behind it. For the last hour Eden had been trying to muster up the perfect email to send to Selena. Nothing seemed to be authentic and it would be a lie to say that it wasn't stressing Eden out. Though as Eden slumped in her chair, she closed her laptop as she heard the sound of a crying baby.

"Thank God." Eden muttered as she stood from the desk and started walking toward the nursery. Rounding the corner, Eden was instantly suspicious at the sight of the dead wolf on the floor. In front of the crib, Eden saw what was supposed to be Rebekah staring coldly down at Haven. Putting the two together, Eden surmised that it certainly wasn't her sister-in-law standing in front of her daughter.

"Get away from her." Eden growled as she pulled Eva Sinclair away from the crib and shoved her against the dresser. Stepping closer to Haven, Eden felt herself flying backwards as she cried out in surprise. She fell against the other side of the bed and scrambled to her feet as soon as she could.

"Rebekah what are you doing?" She heard Klaus ask as he ran into the room. Eva lifted a hand up and Klaus fell to his knees in pain. Eden ran toward them only to be halted in her tracks when she felt her airways cut off. Dropping to her knees, Eden tried to suck in a breath as she continued to reach for Haven. Klaus growled out and Eden saw him draw blood as he scratched the witch and she hissed in pain. Moments later, Eden felt the air return to her lungs as the spot that Eva had just been standing in now vacant. Sucking in a breath, Eden stood to her feet and rushed over to the crib.

There, she found Haven still inside her crib, staring up at her parents with her large blue eyes. Eden took a deep breath and Klaus pulled her to him as Eden laid her head on his shoulder.

"She's sleeping with us tonight." Eden declared and Klaus made no move to disagree.

* * *

"I should stop packing these away. There's always one family member or another in need of a good shackling." Klaus said thoughtfully as he pulled out the set of enchanted handcuffs that they had just on both Finn and Kol. He held up the chains and shoved them into Marcel's hands.

"Find Rebekah, or Eva, or whoever the bloody hell that was. Use these to stop her from doing magic. And don't hurt her. The non-psychopathic bits are still my sister." Klaus instructed him.

"Alright. But I won't be the only one looking for her. She killed the witch kids. The twenty-four hour hold that Elijah got the covens to agree on ended at midnight. Every witch in the city is going to be gunning for her." Marcel explained, his own hopes in finding Rebekah wavering. Klaus was quiet for a moment before he turned to Eden, who had been leaning against the desk quietly for the majority of the conversation.

"Go to Elijah. Get him to charm the elderly witch into calling off the hunt." He said, to which Eden scoffed.

"And leave Haven? You don't think I'd be better suited staying with her and sending someone like Jana?" Klaus shook his head.

"I'm sure that you've noticed his recent move to Algiers as of late. Elijah wouldn't tell me but I'm guessing it may have to do with a certain vampire that roams the halls. And in any case, Jackson has been working day and night to secure the compound surrounding it with his werewolf army. Not to mention the fact that I am here, and so is Jupiter. And I know that the best way to protect our child is to get Rebekah out of that serial killer's body and back into the original model." Klaus explained.

"Great. And I guess you'll be putting the baby down for a nap then while we're out doing the dirty work?" Eden asked sarcastically. Klaus chuckled which a shrug.