(3.9) Brotherly Bonding

Eden did not spend as much time as she wanted to in the shower that evening. After Jana had left the compound, she was quick to jump right under the running water as she was eager to be ready on time. Jana had a point about wanting to keep Eden here and as much as she'd like to deny it she knew that her betrothed was nothing if not impulsive.

She stepped out of the shower and patted herself down with a towel before haphazardly throwing it into the hamper while knowing she would regret it later when it was time to do laundry. When she was dry, she slid a pair of simple black underwear up her smooth legs. She skimmed through her closet quickly until she came across a white dress with a raised neckline and intricate white detailing going across the top of the dress. She slipped it up her body quickly and let it fall so that it landed right at her knees. Reaching behind her, she pulled the zipper to her dress up and smoothed the dress down before hurriedly smearing on a bit of eyeliner and joining it with a red lipstick. She brushed her hair out, whining to herself lightly because her hair was still a little damp from the shower. Hoping that it would dry out enough before the start of dinner, she moved onto jewelry. Eden clasped her Cartier bracelet around her small wrist and then added a pair of drop diamond earrings to her look as well. Seeing as this was the best she could do for the time being, she stepped into her red heels and went downstairs.

"Are these outfits really necessary?" She heard Klaus grumble from inside the dining room.

"Appearance is a way of showing respect, Niklaus." Elijah reminded his younger brother. Eden scoffed, walking into the room and catching the eye of both Mikaelsons.

"Well I don't know about respect, but I think you look quite sexy." Eden complimented Klaus, strolling up to him to place a feather light kiss on his cheek as to not have the lipstick rub off on him. Instead of letting her back away, Klaus wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her closer and making her giggle slightly.

"I say we get this dinner moving along, the sooner we finish, the sooner I can see what this lovely dress looks like ripped to shreds on our floor." He purred, causing Eden to blush as she knew that Elijah was still in the room.

"Yes that's all good and well, would it be possible for the two of you to save your vigorous smut for another time? Preferably for later tonight when the entire compound has to pretend not to hear you even though I'm sure even Marcel can hear you even from across the river?" Eden's cheeks blushed a furious red as Klaus snickered childishly.

"It isn't a crime to be passionate brother." He remarked, pressing a kiss next to Eden's lips before letting her go; but not before pinching her butt lightly and earning a squeal from the female hybrid.

"In any case, mother will be more willing to reveal her true plans if she feels she's being respected." Klaus scoffed.

"Well I doubt she'll be willing to reveal her intentions because I'm dressed like a bloody lawyer. But then again you always excel at diplomacy." Klaus mocked. "Just know that if she tries anything I will tear her new body to pieces." Before Eden could second his statement, they were interrupted by the sound of a new voice. It was a man, laughing.

"You two haven't changed a bit." He said. Eden squinted, racking her brain, trying to remember if she had met the mocha colored man anywhere before. But when Eden's mind came up blank, she looked to Klaus and Elijah. Problem was, they shared the same looks as her.

"Linens and silk can't disguise your pathetic self loathing." He taunted, looking at Elijah. "And you," His head snapped to Klaus. "Despite the arrogant facade you're still the same arrogant, paranoid little boy. Full of hate, and fear." Without realizing that it happened, Eden's eyes grew bright golden hue. She hated when people picked at Klaus, she despised it.