(3.20) Reunion

Get ready

In the beginning, Eden hated her hybrid status. She was not afraid to admit that she'd rather she died than be turned into a hybrid. She never brought this point up to Klaus because they had never even talked about her being a vampire before and yet that stupid Deveraux had slit her throat and taken that choice away from her.

Though as the weeks drizzled on after her transformation, Eden had found small reasons to enjoy being part vampire and part werewolf. Of course she mostly only acted on her vampiric side, but there were small instances that being a wolf was the best thing that happened to her. She was able to transform whenever her heart desired, and despite the fact that it hurt like hell, she still did it every once in a while.

Being part vampire was a lot more primal than she expected. When she had first shifted into a wolf, she felt herself pulled into the world around her, taking in all that nature was and yet while she was connected to it through her lycanthropy gene, her vampire gene made her feel as though nature was turning itself away from her and it gave her a new sense of serenity that she throughly enjoyed. She had yet to feel certain emotions because of this new status and now as Eden sat in the car she severely wished that it would continue that way.

"Eden, your heart is going to beat out of your chest if you don't calm down." Klaus told her quietly as he listened to the sound of her accelerated heartbeat. It had been this way ever since they had left the compound and now that they were nearly at the meeting place, Klaus wanted her to be as calm as possible for the sake of the baby.

"I can't calm down." Eden breathed out. To her surprise she found it slightly difficult to say this, and she knew it had to do with her breathlessness.

"You have to." Klaus told her, his voice raising slightly. Eden knew what he was doing; he did this every time she did not do what he wanted. It was a small thing, something that she obviously did not feel when she was human. But Eden was a werewolf now, and Klaus was her mate and unfortunately, the wolf in her always found herself wanting to bow down to him as that was the way she'd been wired. It annoyed the hell out of her, but Klaus pretended not to know the affect it had on her.

"Tell me what you needed to talk to me about." He demanded instead. Eden hesitated. She wasn't sure that this talk would do much to calm her racing heart either.

"Hayley thinks that she found a way to take back control of the pack." Klaus raised an eyebrow curiously, glancing at Eden to give her the go ahead to continue.

"It's some sort of spell, it links us together through blood magic. My heart gets connected to hers and she gains the power to control her transformation." Klaus made a face, one that Eden read as skeptic.

"And her pack approves of this?" Eden shrugged lazily, turning her head to face the trees that they were driving past. 

"They're my pack too." She offered weakly, which made Klaus scoff.

"They welcomed you in the same way you welcomed in your step-mother." Eden scowled at the comparison, turning back to face Klaus.

"Be that as it may, my job now is to do everything in my power to help my pack." Again, Klaus made a face.

"A pack that does not accept you? And pray tell, what exactly would happen to you if Hayley gets herself killed? Are you expected to pay the price of Hayley's ignorance because she doesn't know when to hold her tongue when facing stronger adversaries?" Eden ran a hand through her hair, thinking.

"I'd like to think that she isn't stupid enough to get herself killed, Niklaus." Klaus opened his mouth to say more, but promptly stopped dead when a familiar smell entered the car. It blanketed the SUV thoroughly, and from next to him, he could hear Eden's heartbeat pick up again. Her body stiffened, and Klaus found himself pressing against the gas harder so that the car sped up. When the car whipped around the corner, Eden saw a group of people standing in the distance behind a large farmhouse. She sat up in her seat, pulling her seat belt off and waiting until Klaus slowed down the car enough for her to pull on the door handle and jump out of the car. She ran around to the other side of the car, stopping dead in her tracks at the sight of Elijah, and what sat in Elijah's arms.

In the few months that Haven Mikaelson had been separated from her parents, she had grown to be at least twice the size than Eden had remembered, her pale skin had gained a bit of color, her small lips were now a rosy pink hue, the little peach fuzz that had been on top of her head had now grown into small dark brown ringlets that clung to her head and looked as though it was going to reach her shoulders at any moment. Though through all of the changes Eden had noticed about her baby, it was the eyes that made her tear up slightly. Haven's blue eyes were trained on her mother perfectly, and when Eden's found hers, the baby's face lit up instantly as though she knew who Eden was. The smile itself gave Eden the confidence to put one foot in front of the other and before Eden knew it, she stood directly in front of Elijah. She took her eyes off of Haven for a moment, looking to Elijah for confirmation that it was in fact Haven that he held in her arms. Elijah gave her a small smile, nodding his head and tilted Haven toward Eden. The baby made a small noise and finally, Eden took her in her arms.

Never had Eden realized that the entire time Haven had been away from her, that the weight on her heart had been this big until she felt her baby in her arms. Tears poured from her face instantly and Eden hugged Haven to her before releasing a small breath, as though everything was finally coming into place. She pulled away after a few moments, pressing a kiss to Haven's forehead before she realized that something was off. In a sudden move, Eden turned around, seeing her fiancee standing exactly where she had been a mere thirty seconds ago. Eden smiled at Klaus, walking over to him before offering her to Klaus. Klaus hesitated, looking to Eden and then down at Haven as though he couldn't decide if he should hold her. But Eden pressed Haven to Klaus in encouragement and Klaus took Haven, holding her in his arms. The way Klaus held her, it made Eden want to cry all over again. In a swift move, Klaus wrapped his arm around Eden and pressed his little family against him. Eden hugged him back, watching Klaus kiss Haven's forehead. When he let them go, Eden took a few steps back so that she could take in the sight in front of her, only when she did, she caught another scent.

Strawberries.

Turning on her heels, Eden saw Jupiter standing a few steps back from the whole scene, a small smile on her face and watery eyes. Without thinking, Eden used her vampire speed to rush over and stand in front of Jupiter. At the sudden invasion, Jupiter jumped away. Eden gave her an apologetic smile and took the the redhead in her arms to hug her. After relaxing, Jupiter's arms came up to wrap around Eden and the two sat in the middle of the yard in each other's embrace. After a few moments, Eden pulled back but still held on to her. Jupiter smiled at her, tears finally falling down her pale face.

"No words could ever describe how thankful I am that you and Rebekah took Haven in, or how much Jana and I missed you." Eden told her gratefully. Jupiter smiled, wiping the tears from her face before speaking.

"You said it yourself Eden, my job is to protect your family at all costs." Eden shook her head, wrapping her back in her arms.

"No, this is so much more than that. I can't ever repay you for throwing away your life for me." Jupiter pulled back suddenly, giving Eden a questioning look.

"Eden I didn't throw my life away for you, I could have left back for New York at any moment. I stayed because I wanted to. You and Jana, even Haven, you're my family." Eden smiled again, a little upset at herself for the amount that she was crying.

"While this moment is touching and all," Rebekah said suddenly, interrupting the two women. "It's time for Haven's nap. And I thought that since you haven't gotten the chance to..." Rebekah trailed off and Eden nodded her head in understanding, breaking away from Jupiter.

"Yes, you're absolutely right." She turned on her feet to see Klaus still holding Haven in his arms, though he seemed to be fully immersed in her to be paying attention to the group anyways.

"Nik," Eden said tentatively. Klaus glanced up at her. "It's time for her nap." Klaus looked around at the group quickly before straightening up and nodding his head stiffly.

"Yes, right." He handed Haven over to Eden and Eden smiled down at the baby.

"I'll be back down as soon as she's asleep." She promised the group and without another word, she left the other supernaturals alone.