(3.47) Get Out

I love that you guys are so patient with me, I promise I'm still writing, I just need a few more breaks in between. -A

"What do you mean she's gone?" Elijah asked Eden and Rebekah as the three stood in Klaus' study. Eden folded her arms against her chest and looked Elijah in the face.

"I mean she's gone." The brunette repeated, not backing down from Elijah's clearly annoyed expression.

"And you realize that she's the one person who understands the enemy that we now face?" He asked her. Eden shrugged her shoulders, opening her mouth to speak again when she was interrupted by Rebekah.

"Both of you just stop it." Rebekah said, trying to stand between the two, but Eden just spoke over her.

"I was protecting Haven, from someone who obviously none of us trust. Not to mention Jana, who was up on the table being used as her little conduit." Eden added, watching Elijah's face to see how he would take this news. Though instead of addressing it straight on, Elijah pushed through.

"Correct. We've done nothing but doubt Freya. Nevertheless, she kept her promise and she saved your life." Elijah reminded his sister. "We certainly haven't demonstrated the same kindness towards her." Eden scoffed, rolling her eyes.

"Right. And even though we never actually made the effort to save Rebekah without her, she was the only one who had the magic to do so. Except if I was remember correctly she had to channel both my best friend and my husband to actually do that." She reminded the others.

"A husband that you're starting to sound a lot like." Elijah snapped back. Glaring at Elijah, Eden said nothing else in protest as Rebekah used this time to speak.

"So, what the bloody hell do we do now?" She asked her older brother.

"There is a jazz club in Algiers by the name of The St. James Infirmary. Marcel has acquired it and Josephine is fortifying it as a sanctuary against magic." He turned to Eden. "Pack your things. Marcel will meet you and Haven there tonight at nine o' clock."

"Great I've always wanted to take Haven to a nightclub." Eden replied sarcastically, leaving the two Mikaelsons alone as she left the room and made her way to her and Klaus' room. When she arrived, she found that Jupiter was already standing in the room with a bag on the bed as Haven played with a teething ring right in the center of the bed. 

"I guess Elijah already told you his plan?" Eden asked her friend as she scooped up Haven in her arms. The baby giggled happily at the sight of her mother and Eden smiled at the noise.

"He called me a little while ago and suggested that I go with you. Like I would have said no." Jupiter confirmed as she laid a blanket inside the bag. The witch then zipped the bag up as she looked back at her friend. There was a silence as Jupiter took a seat at her bed and began using her phone. While Jupiter was distracted, Eden had time to think.

The young mother was becoming increasingly worried about her daughter's safety in New Orleans. From the moment Haven entered the city still cocoon in her mother's womb, she was in danger. Not an entire day after Eden had entered the city and she had been kidnapped by witches and used as leverage. From that moment forward, Haven had never seen peace. With a grandmother, uncle, and aunt trying to kill her, Eden became more and more terrified of what could happen.

"Jupiter?" Eden spoke up, her voice surprising her friend.

"Yeah?" The redhead answered. Eden took a seat on the bed next to Jupiter and made sure the baby was comfortable before she responded.

"I don't know. Should I have been scared from the start or should I be scared now that I've seen how afraid Elijah and Nik are getting?" Jupiter's eyes widened slightly at the question and she sat her phone down before she responded.