(3.8) Family Dinner

Despite the mood that had set over the compound in the previous days, strangely Eden was content with the way her morning had started. After a strenuous night of worrying about Klaus' parents and trying to figure out how she could gracefully become apart of the Crescent pack; Eden tried to shove it behind her for a peaceful morning.

"So which restaurant is missing a compelled chef?" Jana asked as Eden and Klaus came down the stairs. Eden shrugged, walking over to the table before popping a small piece of pineapple into her mouth. Klaus frowned in confusion, which was never a good sign.

"This is certainly a card I've played in the past, but I have no hand in this." Klaus commented, walking forward until he was standing between the girls. Jana hummed, picking up a grape and putting it in her mouth.

"I guess we can thank Elijah then." She murmured before she set to work chewing on the grape. Eden nodded.

"I'll have to ask him who he compelled. This is a nice little setup, I might have to book them for the wedding." She joked halfheartedly, earning an eye roll from Klaus in the process.

"This wasn't my doing." Elijah's voice announced as he came down the stairs as he too had a look of confusion on his face. Eden's eyebrows raised in suspicion, crossing her arms together.

"Then where did all this come from?" She asked the oldest original. Before he could answer, the plate at the center of the table began to move, scaring everyone in the room. Elijah and Klaus shared a look before Klaus pulled the top from the plate, releasing two black songbirds into the air and leaving behind a note that Klaus picked up.

"It's an invitation, from our mother." Eden let out a breath of annoyance, giving her fiancee a sarcastic smirk as she turned on her heels, heading up the stairs.

"Great. Well if you'll excuse me I have to find the perfect dress that matches my fangs and won't stain when I cover it in Esther's blood." She grumbled aloud, heading into her room.

"We have enough enemies here. And now the war for our home is being fought by my own family." Eden snapped her head around, her dark hair brushing against her cheek lightly.

"Your piss ant excuse of a mother and her minions tried to put a ceremonial knife through our baby's heart. I will be happy to add to the body count." Klaus smirked, proud of the woman that Eden was turning out to be.

"You'll do no such thing." Elijah interjected, walking into the room with Jana trailing at his heels quietly.

"Esther is a master in the art of possession, we know who's body she currently inhabits. We must decipher her intentions before she finds a new host." Eden sighed, plopping down on her bed and crossing her legs together.

"Well the last invitation was an assassination attempt on all of her children." Klaus reminded his older brother. Eden gave the hybrid a knowing look and Jana looked around the room, clearly feeling left out about this attempt. "I think we can assume her intentions are decidedly foul."

"Well then, we have until this afternoon to plan for the worst." Elijah said, examining his watch. Eden hopped up, pulling her phone out.

"Seeing as we don't have a chef, I guess it's time to start planning a meal to remember." Eden began clicking through her phone as Elijah looked to Klaus.

"See to it that she doesn't do anything too rash while I'm gone." He thought for a moment. "You either." He turned on his heels, ready to walk out of the room when Jana stopped him.

"Do you need a hand?" Jana asked, though Elijah brushed past her without speaking a word. When he was gone, Klaus gave Jana a knowing look.

"Bloom is off the rose I see." He said snidely, earning a glare from the older brunette as she stormed out of the room.