(3.28) Ceremony

Eden was one mad bitch.

The sound of crickets and owls surrounding her were the first things she heard. She let out a small groan and swung her head around before hearing it pop with a satisfying snap. Eden rubbed her neck tenderly; she was starting to feel like one of her old barbie dolls. If she had known how painful it was to have your head twisted around, she might have been more gentle with her dolls.

Once the young hybrid was upright, she began dusting herself off hastily. Though just as she had started smoothing her hair down, the faint sound of voices caught her ear. She stopped abruptly, listening hard to find the direction of the noises. As she listened in, she was also able to hear what was definitely the sound of bones crunching. She also found-annoyingly, she might add-that she was able to pick up on the howling of her militant fiance.

"...You can hardly blame me. I find the sheer audacity of your plot quite offensive." Shaking her head, she ran off in the direction of the voices, making sure to still listen in on what they were saying.

"Eden is my family now, always and forever. And you would seek to use her for your petty ambitions." Another punch.

"We're not using her." She heard Hayley strain out. Clearly whatever Klaus was doing, Hayley had not been left out of it.

"Just admit your true intentions for this farce of a wedding and I will end this quickly." Klaus growled, his voice low and sharp.

"Eden is family now, I will always fight for her." Hayley quipped back and then Eden was able to hear what she knew to be the young werewolf fighting back. Praying that she could defend herself and Jackson for a few more seconds, Eden pushed herself faster. When finally she had the group in her sight, Eden saw Klaus' hand wrapped around Hayley's throat. Knowing what his vile intentions were, Eden aimed directly at him and rammed herself into Klaus' back. For a brief moment, the two rolled around. This was until Eden gained the upper hand and landed right on top of him. She pushed him down and punched the hybrid square in his face. Klaus, shocked by the act, tried to throw Eden off of him but the Latina sent him back with a kick before resuming her previous position. As Eden tried to throw another punch, Klaus caught her fist in his hand and pushed her backwards and off of him. Eden rolled to her feet quickly, backing up a few paces.

"I trust them, Klaus. Are you listening? You're not going to lay a finger on them." She breathed out, shaking her head. "Not unless you kill me first." Klaus' eyes widened in the slightest as Eden said those words to him. How could she so carelessly put any of her faith in them?

"You truly believe that they are worthy of your trust?" Eden glared at him menacingly.

"Do you believe that you are?" She asked him. His face crumpled up, frigid by the sentence. Klaus was quiet for a moment, rolling his eyes before a coy smile fell upon his lips.

"I can't say your stubbornness is my favorite quality about you, Kitten." He stalked forward a few paces, an icy look in his eyes.

"Go on then. Tell them your secret. Have your wedding, and save your wolves." The two stared off for one long intense moment, and Eden found that she could not keep his glare; bowing her head in submission. Klaus then turned to face Hayley and Jackson, who seemed to be almost forgotten in the midst of their spat.

"But mark my words, if you ever betray her then I'll find myself depositing your heads on a spike for all of your pack to see." With one fleeting look to Eden, Klaus Mikaelson was gone.

The three were silent for a time. Hayley and Jackson were recovering from her wounds while Eden let it sink in that the fight she had just had with Klaus was not an easy one. She let a single tear slip down her face before hastily wiping it away. Jackson and Hayley could not see that she was crying; Eden had made her choice by choosing the wolves to protect her daughter and she now had to stand by that decision.