(3.14) The Hunt

It was a quiet day at the compound; Eden was shaken by the attempted death of her fiancé and Klaus was trying to find a way to find his brother. Jana was off somewhere sulking in the compound because she did not like Klaus' approach to finding Elijah, but all in all it was quiet in the compound.

"Ahhhh!" Or at least it was for a little while. Eden rolled her eyes, looking up from the book she was reading as Klaus began to wash his hands in the bowl of water that lay out on his study. She took in the sight of her fiancee's shirt and almost groaned at the amount of blood that he was covered in.

"I'm starting to think that we should have a different pile of laundry for the bloody clothes. Lord knows I wash enough of them anyways." Eden mumbled to herself as she turned the page.

"Is the other pile of clothes going to be the shirts that I never have the chance to wear because you are wearing them?" Klaus snapped back. Eden mouthed his retort back at him wordlessly and Klaus rolled his eyes at her childish manner.

"I can see your interrogation went well." Came the voice of Jana as she stood in the middle of Klaus' study with her arms crossed together and an impatient look on her face.

"Well it turns out that these witches are delicate creatures." Klaus mumbled disinterestedly, glancing up at himself in the mirror to observe the blood on his face. "No matter. As suspected, my mother has Elijah captive." Jana nodded her head.

"Perfect. Let's go and get him back." Eden glanced back up at her cousin, a little skeptic of if Jana was thinking her plan through.

"Esther is too powerful, she won't easily be found. I need to draw her out." Klaus went to shut the door to the bedroom but Jana stuck her hand out, preventing the doors from shutting.

"Where are you going?" Klaus sighed.

"I'm going to change my shirt," He paused, glancing back behind him where his beloved sat, still immersed in her book. "That is, if there are any available shirts left for me." Without looking up, Eden stuck up her middle finger. Klaus shook his head slightly, turning back to the Martinez vampire.

"And then I'm going to find my brother." He went to shut the door once more and when Eden heard her cousin speak up again, she marked her page and shut her book.

"Let me come with you." Jana insisted, and Klaus paused again.

"Jana, I know you want to help, but my mother is a wretched woman and she will target you to get to me, and I can't save Elijah if I'm busy saving you." He pulled the door shut and Eden stood up, raking her hands down Klaus' shirt as she popped open each button.

"You want to tell me what your plan is for getting Elijah back?" Eden asked the hybrid as she laid the shirt out on the desk and stood in front of the man in a pair of simple red panties. Klaus shrugged his shirt off, sending Eden a sultry look before pulling open his closet.

"The best option that I have for now is to check out some of Elijah's possible haunts, see if I can dig anything up." Klaus answered, examining a dark grey Henley shirt before laying it out on the bed and disappearing behind the bathroom door to wash his face. While he was busy doing that, Eden padded over to her own dresser before sliding a pair of boyfriend jeans up her legs and then reaching inside of her underwear drawer to pull out a nude bra and sliding it up her arms before clipping it on.

"And where, pray tell do you plan on running off too?" Klaus' voice came from behind Eden. The brunette in question was pulling a white shirt over head before she turned around.

"You said you were going to find Elijah, so we're going to do this together." Eden answered, pulling her hair out of her shirt and reaching for a black cardigan and letting it fall down her arms.