(3.7) Pack

As Eden and Hayley walked through the brushes of the woods, the surrounding wolves let out a breath of relief as they saw that no harm had come to their leader at the hands of Klaus' future bride.

Eden stood a few paces back from Hayley as they walked, surveying the way that the wolves regarded Hayley as she walked towards them. Her shoulders were pushed back and she walked with long confidant strides as she held her head up high and met the eyes of every wolf that watched her. She was a queen in every sense of the word and the grace that she carried for someone who had only gained the role a year ago was astounding to Eden. Compared to Hayley, Eden wondered how Klaus ever saw her being like this, she herself wanted to bow down in Hayley's presence.

At the thought of her fiancée, Eden looked towards where the car was parked, only to find that the spot that Klaus was standing in was now vacant as Jana took the place next to it, sending Eden a small smile as she approached her. The werewolves backed away in the slightest at Jana's advance and though Eden could not blame them, she felt bad because she knew that Jana considered them her friends.

"Where is he?" Eden asked lowly as Jana came into hearing range, though Eden knew perfectly well that she could hear her from where she originally stood.

"He's gone to see about the teenage witch Cassie. Apparently she's been breaking the rules in Klaus' city." Eden had no problem recognizing the patronizing tone in her cousin's voice, but she ignored it as she turned to Hayley.

"Who is this witch?" Eden asked, but her question went unanswered when Oliver stepped forward, and from the smell of fresh blood coming from his lip, he had just gotten into a fight not too long ago. Eden did not have to guess with who.

"So what's the plan Hayley? You're seriously going to let that thing join the pack?" Eden frowned, pushing a strand of hair away from her ear.

"You want to say that again, I don't think I caught what you said right." She asked, a glare forming on her face as Jana took a half step in front of her to block Oliver from her sight.

"Oliver shut up." Jana snapped, and Hayley walked forward so that she was standing directly in front of Oliver.

"How many times do you want me to have this conversation with you. Eden-" Oliver spoke over her.

"Ain't one of us. She's a disgusting bloodsucking hybrid-" Hayley stepped forward again and Oliver's argument died in his throat.

"You're right Oliver, she's a hybrid. Which means that while one part of her is a vampire, the other part of her is wolf." Glaring at the blond in front of her, Hayley took a step back and looked around at the wolves that surrounded her.

"Eden knew nothing about her wolf parentage and as a result, she has been alone in dealing with everything that comes to being a wolf for the last four months. Now I'm going to say this and I'm only going to say it once so listen up! Eden is one of us now, and she will be treated as a part of this pack. If anyone has a problem with that then they can come to me and I can happily rectify the situation." Crossing her arms together in finality, Hayley waited for someone to say anything against her and Eden stood back, a little shocked a Hayley decree.

Eden knew that Hayley planned to make good on her word about making Eden apart of the pack but she had no idea that she would be so quick to accept her as one of them and if she was being honest; Eden was flattered. Stepping around Jana, Eden approached Hayley who watched as some of the werewolves wandered off to find something to do.

"Um, Hayley." Eden mumbled, waiting as Hayley turned around at the sound of her name. When Hayley saw that it was Eden, her shoulders slumped down slightly in relaxation.