(3.32) Two Years

"It's terribly bright out here Jupiter. Did we really need to take a walk in the middle of the day?" Eden griped as she pushed her hair out of her face before looking at her friend. Jupiter rolled her eyes with a smile, taking her friend's hand in her own.

"You need time out of the house. The compound has been extremely morbid for the past few days and if I didn't get you some sunlight soon you'd actually start to look like a vampire." Eden giggled and then sighed. She pushed her hair out of her face and stared ahead.

"I feel like I'm smothering them. I've been taking shifts between all of them and I think they probably needed space anyways." She admitted. Jupiter nodded slowly.

"I know it must have been hard on them Eden but you need to give yourself a break. You are already balancing enough as it is." Eden shook her head.

"With Haven being back and Kol dying, I feel like I need to be everywhere. Klaus has been prepping the wolves, schmoozing them. After Hayley's wedding, he knows that when we marry he will have unlimited control over them." Jupiter rolled her eyes.

"Is that man ever not doing something diabolical?" She asked as the two rounded the corner and the compound came into view.

"He's ambitious, and I fear that's what will eventually be his downfall." Eden confided in the ginger as they walked through the door.

"That's exactly the kind of grim attitude I was telling you about." Jupiter commented, letting go of Eden's hand. "I hope that Jana's surprise can cheer you up." Eden stopped in her tracks with her eyebrows raised.

"What do you mean surprise? Jupiter I don't think right now is a good time for a surprise." Eden said, shaking her head.

"Well I guess that's too bad because they're already here." Jupiter told her before opening the door. When the courtyard came into view Eden found a very familiar looking group of people were standing in the room before her.

The first person that Eden saw, was her mother. Selena Martinez had become more beautiful to her daughter in the two years that Eden had gone without seeing her. Her dark hair was tied away from her face and rested in an elegant bun in the back of her head. Her brown eyes were darting around the compound, distrustful of their surroundings and she had finally started to show small signs of aging around her jawline. She wore a cream colored pants suit, and was tailored perfectly to fit her slender body. Eden's eyes immediately began to water and without thinking, she spoke.

"Mom?" Eden spoke aloud. Selena turned at the sound of her daughter's voice, unsure of the who stood before her when her eyes had landed on her. "Eden?" She wondered. Her daughter had completely grown into herself in the last two years and it was very clear to Selena almost instantly that their time apart had severely aged her child. It took Eden four strides to break the distance between herself and her mother and before she knew it they were standing in front of each other.

"Mom?" She whispered again. Selena nodded her head, placing a hand on her daughter's cheek and wiping away a stray tear.

"Mija." She pulled Eden into a hug, and Eden squeezed her back. She had not known how much she missed her mother. But Eden knew that the moment she saw Selena, a weight had lifted been lifted from her.

"Eden?" Another voice said from behind her, making the Latina look up.

Andrew Greer stood about two feet from Eden. His green eyes were tired-aged from stress she knew-and his hair had receded slightly more since his daughter had saw him. He wore a button down shirt with his sleeves rolled to the elbow and his skin had become tanner.

Without waiting for Selena to let go, Andrew hugged both of the women so that Eden was squished into the middle. So many thoughts were racing through Eden's mind as between her two parents, she saw that Stiles, Rowan, Marie, Denise, and Jana were all standing in the room with them as well. She finally broke free from her parents grip, and pulled away so that they were all facing opposite her.

"Wait. What are you guys doing here?" Eden asked them, her mind finally clearing. She was know fully aware that her very mortal family (with the exception of Stiles and her father) was in one of the most dangerous cities right now.

"Jana called." Selena told her, turning to her niece. Jana sent Eden a small smile, and Eden scowled at her.

"She did?" She questioned her mother. Marie took Jana's hand in her hand and nodded her head.

"She said that she wanted us to be here for the ceremony." Eden raised an eyebrow, thrown off by the answer. What ceremony could Jana be talking about? Eden's had quietly turned twenty-two last week and she happily spent the entire day with her daughter and fiance'. But Eden was not about to admit aloud to her family that she had no idea what her cousin was talking about.

"Hey Stiles," She said instead, turning to face her brother. "You guys are probably tired from the trip and wanna get settled in. Do you think you could find some rooms for everyone?" Stiles opened his mouth to protest, but a look from his sister warned against so he sighed.

"I guess." He mumbled.

"I don't wanna rest, I wanna know where my daughter has been for the last two years." Selena refused. Eden nodded in agreement.

"And you will, Mother, but I needed to go over some plans with Jana and it's important it gets done before the end of the day. I promise I'll come find you guys. Give us twenty minutes, please?" She asked of her family. Her parents exchanged a look and then Selena spoke.

"I suppose. But if you are not in front of me in twenty minutes, I will come find you myself." Eden knew that her mother was serious, and so instead of arguing it, she complied. When everyone but Jana was out of earshot, Eden whipped around to face her traitorous cousin.

"Jana what the hell did you do?!" She spoke low, but Jana knew that she was only being quiet so their family wouldn't hear.

"I didn't do anything, I'm just following orders here." She said, her hands raised in mock defense.

Eden scoffed. "You? Taking orders? Well this ought to be good." Just as she spoke, she heard the door to the ballroom open. Two men, dressed in hardhats came through, with boxes of wires and...flowers? Jana turned at the sound and then cursed under her breath.

"Dammit guys, I told you that this was the one room off limits. How hard is that for you to understand." Now completely lost on what was going on, Eden began to walk toward the ballroom, only to be cut off by Jana.

"Sorry cuz, I can't let you go in there." Eden gave her a confused look.

"What do you mean you can't let me?" The younger woman was now getting more and more suspicious of her cousin's behavior.

"And why exactly can I not go into a room that is in my own home, cousin?" She asked. Jana shrugged but said nothing and Eden put her hands on her hips. "I saw a glimpse of the room Jana. I thought they had already taken down all of Hayley and Jackson's wedding decorations." Jana nodded her head in agreement.

"And they did. Except these aren't for their wedding." Eden's suspicions grew stronger.

"Then who exactly is getting married Jana?" Her cousin gave her a look, a look that told Eden that she knew the answer already.

"It's for you dummy."